• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eduardo dive

Pubey

anyone feel a bit sorry for Eduardo, I don't actually think it was a blatant dive... Boruc came charging out, Eduardo got to the ball and nipped it passed and then went down, he didn't claim or appeal for a penalty, and so my understanding is that even if there wasn't contact he couldn't be punished for simulation.

If a keeper comes charging out like that and doesn't get to the ball he's asking for trouble. if players like Eduardo look to avoid contact than i think that's not only sensible (esp. in Eduardo's case) but also part of the game. Sour grapes from Celtic/SFA I think

Totally disagree with that one.
He looked rather smug that he conned the ref & his over-celebration of the goal was out of order.
If he tries the same thing at Wembley in a couple of weeks I can't see people being on his side then...
One word - CHEAT!!!

The keeper pulled out of the challenge so I don't see how you can blame him, there was no contact and Eduardo definitely went down n my eyes.

The keeper pulled out of the challenge so I don't see how you can blame him, there was no contact and Eduardo definitely went down n my eyes.

the keeper was still very close to clattering into him. Eduardo went down, but didn't appeal or feign injury or whatever. Personally I don't think it warrants all the bans and stuff that people are spouting off about.

I would normally have been pretty contemptuous of such displays, particularly Eduardo's wink to camera and celebrations after he scored.

Having read the Glasgow media's summing up of the tie, however, I can't help feeling Celtic got what they deserved. Their reaction to this was a headline of "No Luck And Bad Luck" and a reflection that Celtic would have gone through it if wasn't for a penalty, an own goal and a lucky deflection over the two legs. Which doesn't quite explain home and away defeats as well as a 5-1 aggregate but still ...

And, as anyone knows, Artur Boruc is the last person in the world who should be complaining about other players conduct considering his antics in the Old Firm derbies. He should stick to what he's best at, embarrassing gaffes that cost his team trophies.

Didn't affect the result but a dive nevertheless. He knew he wasn't going to get round Boruc and keep it in play so he went down. Not sure about punishing him, players dive every week. (Tony Hibbert at Burnley last week for example, someone who I wouldn't expect to dive)

Following fergies views..

Breaking News on the BBC website:

"Uefa charges Arsenal's Eduardo with "deceiving the referee" after penalty incident against Celtic."

personally think he's been made an example of... however I'm still bothered that keepers are allowed to come sliding out and force strikers to lose the ball and often to dive. what else can Eduardo do, the ball is now running out for a goalkick all because Boruc threatened to clatter into him by recklessly sliding across the grass towards him.

I agree that he's being made an example of. As I've just seen that UEFA are likely to ban Eduardo for two games.

Here is a chance for the governing bodies of football to grasp the nettle in an attempt to eradicate cheating.

If a player is caught diving / simulating whatever you want to dress up cheating then he should receive a 10 match ban and his club should receive a swingeing fine. Any player caught out in a major tournament should immediately be kicked out of the competition. I won't be holding my breath.

Dirty cheating ******* deserves everything he gets. Pubey, i'm confused with your views that it wasn't a blatant dive tbh. A dive is a dive surely? If there is not contact and the player goes down completely unchallenged then thats a dive isn't it?

Dirty cheating ******* deserves everything he gets. Pubey, i'm confused with your views that it wasn't a blatant dive tbh. A dive is a dive surely? If there is not contact and the player goes down completely unchallenged then thats a dive isn't it?

But why just try and make an example of Eduardo?

Feck me, what a bunch of pompous old farts we have on here nowadays! If a Southend player did that I'd be chuffed. All's well in love and football.

And yes, before someone points it out, if someone did that against us I'd want to rip their head off - that's football!

If you look at the angle from behind the touch line with eduardo runnig towards the camera you can see that there is contact (borucs knee on eduardos ankle).

And, as anyone knows, Artur Boruc is the last person in the world who should be complaining about other players conduct considering his antics in the Old Firm derbies. He should stick to what he's best at, embarrassing gaffes that cost his team trophies.

Excellent post. He could also do with getting a bigger shirt, or losing a stone off his beer gut.

the keeper was still very close to clattering into him. Eduardo went down, but didn't appeal or feign injury or whatever. Personally I don't think it warrants all the bans and stuff that people are spouting off about.

I bet Boruc regretted sneezing on Eduardo! The keeper pulled out and didn't even touch him. Eduardo went down like he had been taken out. Straight away he looked at the ref.

Excellent post. He could also do with getting a bigger shirt, or losing a stone off his beer gut.

He really does have a massive backside doesn't he? That said, I do like the Holy Goalie, especially when he winds up Rangers fans.

As for the incident, definitely a dive and there was a massive grin on Eduardo's face when he was still on the ground. Maybe he is being made an example of, but it's high time this was addressed. Start throwing two match bans at players and it will soon end.

While they are at it though, they should increase penalties for dangerous tackles. Taking the example of Danny Guthrie breaking Craig Fagan's leg last year, if a dive (annoying, but not actually dangerous) is worth two matches, then that (highly dangerous, tantamount to assault) would deserve at least six.

[/I][/COLOR]

So true, I find it hard to feel sympathy towards him. Go do one "Holy goalie". And enjoy crossing yourself at Ibrox this season.

Gotta love the suggestion on 5live of instead of banning the player for two games, having a "foul ban" meaning for the two games anything you do to Eduardo would not be given as a foul. I think that would stop him or indeed anyone diving in the future!

Back