• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimper

Life President
Something I noticed was that this season in the league we have just 1 goal according to the programme from our substitutes in the league, that being McGlashan in the 4-2 win against Fleetwood. Obviously, you wouldn't expect a defender to contribute offensively so you could look at those differently but it is a bit worrying that we have just one goal. Our most players coming on this season have been;

Robinson - 14
McGlashan - 11
McLaughlin - 8
Fortune - 6
Ranger - 6
Ba - 5
White - 5
Hendrie - 3
Cox - 2
Yearwood - 2
Wordsworth - 1
Bishop - 1
Kiernan - 1
Bridge - 1
Demetriou - 1
Wabo - 1

Of that list, 5 players are strikers totalling 33 substitute appearances, 48.5% of the total. 0 goals
5 players are attacking midfielders too, totalling 24 appearances, 35% of the total. 1 goal.

The rest are defenders or players that you wouldn't expect to produce or commit offensively. This means from 57 of our 68 sub appearances this season have produced just one goal. That's pretty poor.

Why are our subs not contributing? Are they coming on too late? Not being used properly? Or are they just, well, ****. I had a quick look and there are only 2 assists as well.

For some reason he's crap when starting but McGlashan is usually great coming off the bench, he's a winger that actually beats his man and puts the ball in the box, it seems a bit harsh to criticise him for not scoring goals when he's created quite a few chances, a few of which have been put away. Similarly McLaughlin and arguably Fortune are there to create chances, not score them.

For some reason he's crap when starting but McGlashan is usually great coming off the bench, he's a winger that actually beats his man and puts the ball in the box, it seems a bit harsh to criticise him for not scoring goals when he's created quite a few chances, a few of which have been put away. Similarly McLaughlin and arguably Fortune are there to create chances, not score them.

I'm not criticising McGlashan, I think he is the only one who is a threat coming off. Often though, a number contribute little.

Something I noticed was that this season in the league we have just 1 goal according to the programme from our substitutes in the league, that being McGlashan in the 4-2 win against Fleetwood. Obviously, you wouldn't expect a defender to contribute offensively so you could look at those differently but it is a bit worrying that we have just one goal. Our most players coming on this season have been;

Robinson - 14
McGlashan - 11
McLaughlin - 8
Fortune - 6
Ranger - 6
Ba - 5
White - 5
Hendrie - 3
Cox - 2
Yearwood - 2
Wordsworth - 1
Bishop - 1
Kiernan - 1
Bridge - 1
Demetriou - 1
Wabo - 1

Of that list, 5 players are strikers totalling 33 substitute appearances, 48.5% of the total. 0 goals
5 players are attacking midfielders too, totalling 24 appearances, 35% of the total. 1 goal.

The rest are defenders or players that you wouldn't expect to produce or commit offensively. This means from 57 of our 68 sub appearances this season have produced just one goal. That's pretty poor.

Why are our subs not contributing? Are they coming on too late? Not being used properly? Or are they just, well, ****. I had a quick look and there are only 2 assists as well.

Good stats that.

Robinson - 14
McGlashan - 11
McLaughlin - 8
Fortune - 6
Ranger - 6
Ba - 5
White - 5
Hendrie - 3
Cox - 2
Yearwood - 2
Wordsworth - 1
Bishop - 1
Kiernan - 1
Bridge - 1
Demetriou - 1
Wabo - 1

Good stats that. :thumbsup:

For some reason, I would have thought MAF would have been higher than that.

Interesting stuff that, though would be intriguing to see just how many minutes those substitutes are getting each time.

Worth remembering, Robinson, Fortune and Ranger don't score when they start either.

Back