• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News EFL chairmen fear clubs will go bust after return of fans is delayed

All this talk about Prem clubs bailing out lower league clubs. Sorry, but if this happens in other industries I'd agree, but can you imagine say... a successful hedge funder bailing out less successful hedge funders?
Its because the Prem supposedly made certain commitments to the Gov around this in return for working with them on bringing the Prem back (enabling season to complete) and protects 100s of millions of TV revenues, and also continuying to keep game open and working to bring crowds back.

Like the BBC the Prem made a deal with the devil and its coming back to haunt them. As far as Gov is concerned its now the Prem's problem just like over -75s are the BBC's... Meanwhile Rome burns.

Unfortunately, I think that SUFC would better fit the role of the hapless team of college players who toured with the Globetrotters and whose only raison d'etre was to lose to them in every game.

The Washington Generals or New Jersey Reds. Amusingly the New Jersey Reds won a game in 1971 by 100-99 when the Globetrotters spent a little too much time showboating and suddenly realised they only had two minutes remaining and were twelve points behind. Kids in the audience cried. Up to that point the Washington Generals/NJ Reds had lost the previous 2,495 matches.....so there is still hope for us!

We need fans back in stadiums, simple as that. It's happening in other countries, we know the virus doesn't spread as much outdoors, the clubs will have the details of the fans anyway. The government should trust football clubs. As pointed out in that article, there's a bit of a contradiction (as there is in a lot of theses silly restrictions) in the fact you can go to a pub with five friends to watch a match but can't go to an open-air, socially distanced stadium. If the pilot events were a success, why not continue? We need to stop being so risk-averse.

I really cannot see why not providing they meet the current guidelines and protocols in place.

I guess if supporters themselves choose to flout the rules whilst attending then they would only have themselves to blame

Its because the Prem supposedly made certain commitments to the Gov around this in return for working with them on bringing the Prem back (enabling season to complete) and protects 100s of millions of TV revenues, and also continuying to keep game open and working to bring crowds back.

Like the BBC the Prem made a deal with the devil and its coming back to haunt them. As far as Gov is concerned its now the Prem's problem just like over -75s are the BBC's... Meanwhile Rome burns.
I was merely channeling Sean Dyche.

Back