• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EFL Charge Blues over non payment of wages

It won’t be a points deduction I am sure. Probably a fine and a warning.

Although it would be nice if the idiots at the EFL started to do something worthwhile about addressing the financial issues of lower league clubs rather than kicking them when they are down.

Agreed. Another set of players who want out just another repeat as before. This time with more debt on the club. The club has no future while Ron is in charge. Some clubs there would be violent protests against the ownership.

The opportunity for us fans to try and force a change, came and went a decade ago, when we went through the same situation we find ourselves in again, now.

Sadly, most of our fans were still caught up in the belief that we’d be getting a new, self-sustaining, multi-purpose arena, which in order to do so, simply meant, we had no other option, than to put up with Ron.

I don’t blame the fans for any of this **** though.

Makes you wonder why a club that has so much going for it can be nn such a predicament.We have a decent catchment area for recruiting,No other league club on our doorstep,a very good fan base for a lower league club.Something terribly amiss i think

As Vic Jobson once said we only have a catchment on three sides, fish in the sea don’t watch football
But I agree we have a base of good solid support

As Vic Jobson once said we only have a catchment on three sides, fish in the sea don’t watch football
But I agree we have a base of good solid support

IMO we have a catchment area on 2 1/2 sides. West of the town, East for 3 miles till you fall in the sea at Shoebury East Beach, & North at Rochford, Hockley & Rayleigh before you head off past miles of agricultural land until you reach Chelmsford.

I would argue most of the squad haven't adhered to the terms of their contracts.

I bet they are more than happy to use professional footballer as a chat up line down Drummonds, Turtle Bay or West One though.

IMO we have a catchment area on 2 1/2 sides. West of the town, East for 3 miles till you fall in the sea at Shoebury East Beach, & North at Rochford, Hockley & Rayleigh before you head off past miles of agricultural land until you reach Chelmsford.
Remember we are competing with West Ham, definitely from Basildon onward, not to mention other London clubs. I’ve never got this “massive catchment area” argument. I’d say most of our fans are located between Benfleet and Shoebury and north of Southend, the places you mention. We need to extend the pier to Kent and start nicking fans off Gillingham... hang on forget that idea..

Remember we are competing with West Ham, definitely from Basildon onward, not to mention other London clubs. I’ve never got this “massive catchment area” argument. I’d say most of our fans are located between Benfleet and Shoebury and north of Southend, the places you mention. We need to extend the pier to Kent and start nicking fans off Gillingham... hang on forget that idea..

You only need to look at the queues for the C2C on a Saturday to see where our potential fans allegiances lie.

There is a line of XXXL West Ham shirts 50 yards long.

We’re in the most densely populated area of the country. Despite water on two sides, I’d still say we have a catchment area of 400k-600k that could be tapped into. But that won’t be properly tapped into until we get better facilities and start inching up the pyramid.

We’re in the most densely populated area of the country. Despite water on two sides, I’d still say we have a catchment area of 400k-600k that could be tapped into. But that won’t be properly tapped into until we get better facilities and start inching up the pyramid.

Inching up it? We are in a closing sarcophagus underneath it

Have to agree with this.

Around my area (Grays), it’s predominantly West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal, and a smattering of Scouse & Mancs.

In my 33 years of living here, I could count on one hand the amount of times I’ve seen a Southend shirt.

Even our Cardiff/Wembley trips were somewhat flattering. We had our usual core support of around 8k, but the rest was made up of daytrippers, who at the final whistle, went back to supporting their respective Premier Legaue teams.

I have caught one or two flounders off the pier who were wearing Southend shirts so it's not fair to say that fish don't like football.

Take away the non football fans and fans of London clubs though .. including those who don’t go to games but watch on Sky .. it’s a tough one. We won’t attract any new punters to a 20k stadium in the National League. Yeah I get Ron’s dream but it’s failed spectacularly.

Take away the non football fans and fans of London clubs though .. including those who don’t go to games but watch on Sky .. it’s a tough one. We won’t attract any new punters to a 20k stadium in the National League. Yeah I get Ron’s dream but it’s failed spectacularly.

Absolutely but the potential is there. We’re just not in a position to tap into it and to win over those people before they become plastic Prem fans.

Have to agree with this.

Around my area (Grays), it’s predominantly West Ham, Spurs, Arsenal, and a smattering of Scouse & Mancs.

In my 33 years of living here, I could count on one hand the amount of times I’ve seen a Southend shirt.

Even our Cardiff/Wembley trips were somewhat flattering. We had our usual core support of around 8k, but the rest was made up of daytrippers, who at the final whistle, went back to supporting their respective Premier Legaue teams.
I work in thurrock actually did see a southend coat coming out shops in tilbury

You only need to look at the queues for the C2C on a Saturday to see where our potential fans allegiances lie.

There is a line of XXXL West Ham shirts 50 yards long.
Lot of these are plastics though who never went before

Seriously?

I would be staggered if that was true given that when you get out of Manchester airport there is a sign that lists about 10 major cities/towns within about 30 miles.

Or did you mean county?

Back