• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EFL chief wants 'decision within days'

Chris Powell's mate

First XI⭐
Interesting stuff from Rick Parry, who is clearly critical of the Premier League.

"Our end date realistically is 31 July because of the situation with contracts," said Parry. "We can't go beyond July.

"Players and staff have been furloughed and to expect clubs to bring them back in now, to forgo the furlough, only to then find in a month they can't play would be a complete mess.

"We need within days to be taking decisions."

Here's the Beeb article in full:

Oh for fcuk sake, just get over with it & end the season so the clubs can plan for August!
what's happening in August?
I am being facetious but everything points to another wave in September and, even if that is proved not to be the case, I can't see the government allowing themselves to be caught with their pants down again and they will likely be pre cautious around then.

I agree to the above, we are timing COVID 19 with the English football season, the league should be cancelled, and until further notice, no more plans to reintroduce the football season? my missus booked a holiday last week for late august, because the flights were cheap... I just sat back and let her get on with it... who on earth would plan for holidays or large or frequent sporting events whilst we are in the middle (and we are only just in the middle) of a vey large pandemic

Reactions: GBJ
I agree to the above, we are timing COVID 19 with the English football season, the league should be cancelled, and until further notice, no more plans to reintroduce the football season? my missus booked a holiday last week for late august, because the flights were cheap... I just sat back and let her get on with it... who on earth would plan for holidays or large or frequent sporting events whilst we are in the middle (and we are only just in the middle) of a vey large pandemic

If you don’t mind me asking mate, where did she book a holiday to?

I can’t think of anywhere I’d actually want to go at the moment.

I’ve had to rearrange one holiday so far, and scrub another one altogether.

Can’t imagine there will be too many holidays for anyone, this year.

Oh for fcuk sake, just get over with it & end the season so the clubs can plan for August!
Exactly that’s the safest and sensible way to do things for league one and two clubs, start fresh august or September so it gives clubs the chance to prepare for a new season, players in and out and contracts etc.

Back