• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News EFL clubs to meet this week to discuss return to action

This. If you feel “at risk” stay away. As soon as pubs open there’s no argument for me for keeping anything else closed.
Pubs could have stayed open for the whole period as take aways. If you mean open as in how things were at the start of the year, then fair enough; but open as in how they will be from Saturday is no justification to opening everything up where a fair degree of social distancing can't be observed/enforced.

Fingers crossed we can get going as soon as and clubs can bring much needed revenue in.

Now apparently looking at an late Aug early Sept start (initial suggestions were around Sept 12th) and also now initially behind closed doors. How that helps clubs- increased costs bringing people off furlough whilst starting behind closed doors I am not sure. I’m sure I’m missing something.
Be better off going for mid September, binning of the checks trade for a season, and hoping then fans can be in the stadiums

BREAKING NEWS!
Following today’s meeting, the EFL have confirmed 2 potential restart dates for the 2020/2021 season!
Plan A - Weekend of August 29th
Plan B - September 12th!

Back