• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EFL survey shows fans want VAR and professional referees

We would have been well clear of relegation last season w/VAR IMO. Though I'm not sure it has a place in league football for me.

Bring it on. The quality of refereeing decisions last season was horrendous, spectacularly so in games like Walsall away. Pro refs and VAR all the way for me.

Pro refs yes. VAR can do one it’s the death of our game as we know it. The thin end of the wedge in terms of the game dying on its arse

I've got no problem with VAR, however if it is introduced (although I don't see how clubs would afford it) I hope a bit more leniency is used than the Women's World Cup where it was being used to award ridiculously soft penalties on a regular basis. All decisions should also have to be made within 2 or 3 replays of the decision, the ref spending several minutes watching the footage 20 times before coming to a decision is stupid, if you need to rewind it that many times then it isn't an obvious error.

VAR has been in use in La Liga since the beginning of last season.While there are obviously sometimes quite long delays and it can slow games down, IMO it works reason well when ordinary fans can see on the big screen in the stadium, the same view of the incident that the refereee has.

Goal line technology would be good for any level of the game as it is a correct definite verdict on a crucial decision regarding the ball crossing the line.

I have seen a fair bit of VAR in various competitions have seen nothing that would make me want it in the lower levels of the game. To the contrary I hope in never happens in my life time.

Not sure who completed this survey as I have spoken to a number of people on this subject and only one was keen for this to happen in the lower levels of the game. On the Brightside with cost's involved I can not see this happening anytime soon if ever below the Championship.

I know no-one who watches live football that wants VAR...so I guess the people who filled in the survey don't go to any/many games - VAR is for the TV audience only, and L1 and L2 shouldn't give 2 ****s about them...
As for pro refs...meh...a bad referring decision can quite often liven up a dull game!

Goal line tech is a must.

Let the Prem get VAR right before it steps foot in our league. They haven't got a clue how to use it currently

VAR, IMHO, will wreck football as we all love it. Sure, there are mistakes by officials but they even out over a period. Pro officials, yes.

No VAR! Could maybe work for matters of fact eg goal-line, but most decisions are not cut and dried eg penalties or even offside. There will be a lot more soft decisions and it will need strong refereeing to avoid slightest contact leading to a penalty

Pro refs yes..
goal line yes .. but please no fireworks Well maybe ..
Var can do one. Tedious. . And dodgy ref decisions are part of the game. Sometimes last season it was the only thing that livened the crowd up

Except for when we play Gillingham at home ofcourse! :Smile:
No VAR for me, instead of arguing about the right B*llocks the ref has made of the decision, we'll be arguing about the interpretation of the VAR.
If the PL use it for a few seasons, and it is brilliant, then maybe, but I don't think it will work in the lower divisions.

No var for me either. Goal line tec yes ok. "Var" totally ruined woman's World Cup for me. As said above if you can't make a decision after a couple of replays then it's not an obvious foul. As for some of the offside decisions, Pahhh. No place in proper football. Let the TV watching premier**** public have it!!!!

Back