• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

8 offered new deals on arrested!

CP just tweeted that 8 of our Heros are to be offered new deals and one has been arrested. Could be Corr, not on the bus yesterday. As for the 8, looks like PB is trying to keep the squad together best he can.

With working twitter link. The arrest rumour was posted on here yesterday.

We could play guess the crime for the one arrested. Drink driving is a massive favourite, as some of the players have been seen drinking in Leigh, Westcliff and Southend since the final.

Well, without wanting to get into any libel issues, who wasn't at the parade as that is likely to be the reason for one.

Players with contracts up & not transfer listed:

Prosser (has option for another year)
White
Thompson
Ibenfeldt (has option for another year)
Barrett
Timlin
Atkinson
Bridge (has option for another year)
Deegan
Corr
Williams (has option for another year)
Barnard

Don't expect Barnard to be offered a deal. Reckon it will be White, Thompson, Barrett, Timlin, Atkinson, Deegan, Corr and Worrall (remember something about him being offered a contract despite it not running out soon) offered new contracts. Those with options may be taken up but would expect Bridge and Williams to stay after Brown said they have a future at the club.

Players with contracts up & not transfer listed:

Prosser (has option for another year)
White
Thompson
Ibenfeldt (has option for another year)
Barrett
Timlin
Atkinson
Bridge (has option for another year)
Deegan
Corr
Williams (has option for another year)
Barnard

Don't expect Barnard to be offered a deal. Reckon it will be White, Thompson, Barrett, Timlin, Atkinson, Deegan, Corr and Worrall (remember something about him being offered a contract despite it not running out soon) offered new contracts. Those with options may be taken up but would expect Bridge and Williams to stay after Brown said they have a future at the club.

It could also include someone like Bentley getting offered a longer term deal.

Would hope as mentioned one of them is a long term deal for Bentley. Even if he doesn't plan on staying round for much longer i'd like to think he'd sign an extension in order for the club to get more money for him.

Binnom Williams signed a new deal at Crystal Palace. Reckon he'll go on loan somewhere in Championship or League One.

Binnom Williams signed a new deal at Crystal Palace. Reckon he'll go on loan somewhere in Championship or League One.

Strange one this, I seriously never rated him and just thought he was an accident waiting to happen. Always looked better going forward than defensively, yet Palace offer him a two year deal. No way he is prem class. Good luck to the lad though.

Strange one this, I seriously never rated him and just thought he was an accident waiting to happen. Always looked better going forward than defensively, yet Palace offer him a two year deal. No way he is prem class. Good luck to the lad though.

Not uncommon for PL clubs to keep on giving contracts to players they never plan to play but hope that after loaning out their value rises to an amount which means they can sell and make a profit.

Players are ;

Prosser - activate extension
White - activate extension but also reward for longer
Worrell - as per White
Timlin - 2 years
Corr - 2 year
Deegan - offer (length not stated)
Atkinson - as Deegan
Thompson - offer, but includes a clause related to his current injury

Personally I'm delighted with the 2 years for Corr and Timlin (Brown describes them as massive players for the Club). I also like the fact that we are offering longer deals to white and Worrell. One a quality player and the other a very misunderstood and underrated influence on the team ! Prosser also adds continued stability.

Man arrested, Penny !

Players are ;

Prosser - activate extension
White - activate extension but also reward for longer
Worrell - as per White
Timlin - 2 years
Corr - 2 year
Deegan - offer (length not stated)
Atkinson - as Deegan
Thompson - offer, but includes a clause related to his current injury

Personally I'm delighted with the 2 years for Corr and Timlin (Brown describes them as massive players for the Club). I also like the fact that we are offering longer deals to white and Worrell. One a quality player and the other a very misunderstood and underrated influence on the team ! Prosser also adds continued stability.

Man arrested, Penny !

I'm surprised that a Bloke of his age would get arrested. He's spent then!

What about Barrett?!?!?

Barrett issue is slightly more "complicated" as is Paul Smiths and PB plans to sit with these players when he returns from Spain at the end of the week.

Back