• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eight year old girl crying rape...

Crawliano

LADYCHARMER80
So it turns out the 8 year old who claimed she was raped/sexually assaulted by two 10 year olds actually was just involved in a game of "I'll show you mine if you showed me yours"....

The question is, what the hell should happen to her now? She's too young to be punished but something needs to be done, who's made an example of?

No there shouldn't . The failure was with not having enough help for teh Police to decide if this needed to be out to the CPS. 8 year old kids do sometimes add lies onto things becuase their scared of getting into trouble .

I know I am just saying in the adult world as a comparison

Oh right sorry confused there ;) . Mind you they are clamping down on this as well . Ity went from one extreme (women not getting enough support and even now its not always there (never mind men who have tried to report it or women attacked by other women ) to the other of manipulation by unscrupulous people.

I think the girl going to court will be puinishment enough. It would have frightened the life out of her that it went that far.

The two 10 year old boys need every bit of help and support possible. They will be scarred for life, no doubt, but swift and effective counselling and reassurance, and lots of loving from their parents, could have a huge bearing now on what path they lead in later life.

Wise course of action would be to analyse from an independent source, perhaps a retired judge, just how the CPS brought it this far. There has to have been mistakes made somewhere along the line but it would be unfair to point fingers until everything surrounding this case are known.

In the meantime, ensuring the lives of three children aren't ruined is paramount.

I'm no expert in these things, but surely a doctor could tell if an 8 year old girl had been assaulted in that way?

We are one of the only countries who think that a criminal court is an appropriate place for children.

Thing is though, and I know some might say that this is going to extremes but Venables and Thompson are considered absolute (quite rightly so) sickos for what they did at an almost similar age and should've had the book thrown at them. This girl could (and still may succeed) have made these two, now innocent boys lives a complete mess. I bet at least one of them will go on to harbour complete hatred for females and find it difficult to ever trust.

Being in court isn't enough, she knew what she was doing was wrong, I just think someone needs to be accountable for this and to be honest she should in later years be made to give up some of her time to pay back the country for wasting money by giving up her free time which she could have deprived two completely innocent boys of by losing out on sweeties...

We can't bay for blood for one thing and turn the other cheek on the other, it's wrong, wrong I tell you...

Cartman-Says-Its-Wrong.jpg

Thing is though, and I know some might say that this is going to extremes but Venables and Thompson are considered absolute (quite rightly so) sickos for what they did at an almost similar age and should've had the book thrown at them. This girl could (and still may succeed) have made these two, now innocent boys lives a complete mess. I bet at least one of them will go on to harbour complete hatred for females and find it difficult to ever trust.

Being in court isn't enough, she knew what she was doing was wrong, I just think someone needs to be accountable for this and to be honest she should in later years be made to give up some of her time to pay back the country for wasting money by giving up her free time which she could have deprived two completely innocent boys of by losing out on sweeties...

We can't bay for blood for one thing and turn the other cheek on the other, it's wrong, wrong I tell you...

Cartman-Says-Its-Wrong.jpg

It's a tough one. Part of me would want all females who cry rape falsely to suffer the same punishment as a rapist, however on the flip side that could cause some genuine victims to stay quiet based on the risk of not being believed at court.

I think the girl going to court will be puinishment enough. It would have frightened the life out of her that it went that far.

The two 10 year old boys need every bit of help and support possible. They will be scarred for life, no doubt, but swift and effective counselling and reassurance, and lots of loving from their parents, could have a huge bearing now on what path they lead in later life.

Wise course of action would be to analyse from an independent source, perhaps a retired judge, just how the CPS brought it this far. There has to have been mistakes made somewhere along the line but it would be unfair to point fingers until everything surrounding this case are known.

In the meantime, ensuring the lives of three children aren't ruined is paramount.

The trouble is, these two 10 year old boys will probably get less care, support and counselling than Thompson and Venables got for murdering Jamie Bulger. Unfortunately that is the way this country is!

Sky reporting found not guilty of rape BUT guilty of attempted rape. Surprised given what I've read about the case.

Back