• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Election 2015 - Who or what has turned up at your front door?

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
I live in South Benfleet and so far I have had a Rebecca Harris/Conservative newsletter and that's it.

Anyone else?

I thought the Tories were canvassing our area last Saturday but it turned out it was just a bloke delivering the new phone book.

Labour, UKIP and Lib Dem leaflets for me in Southend West.
No surprise that SIR David *** Amiss and his toffs haven't bothered as it's a done deal in this (historical context) "rotten" borough.
And I have yet to see any stickers of support of any kind in windows.

Had a Leigh Town Council working party dithering outside my house yesterday , they went away after about 10 mins so wont be having a bus stop shelter or hanging baskets down my road .

A standard leaflet each from the Conservatives and Labour, plus a more detailed letter from the Lib Dems.

I received a letter from Labour, but it was tossed straight into my cats' litter tray unopened. Hopefully it will be of more use to them than I.

We've had nothing, then I don't really expect to. We live in a very tory area, and there are blue posters everywhere. The tories would be better off spending time where they need to make a difference, and the rest know not to waste their time.

I think nearer the date we might get a tory canvasser but that will be about it. Needless to say I'll let him know what I think of Camerscum and his cronies.

Last edited:
Labour, UKIP and Lib Dem leaflets for me in Southend West.
No surprise that SIR David *** Amiss and his toffs haven't bothered as it's a done deal in this (historical context) "rotten" borough.And I have yet to see any stickers of support of any kind in windows.

David Amess actually knocked on my door the other day.
I agree hardly any posters for any parties on display in Southend West. I seem to remember years ago there used to be loads of posters. But as you say its such a safe seat people probably cant be bothered.

I agree hardly any posters for any parties on display in Southend West. I seem to remember years ago there used to be loads of posters. But as you say its such a safe seat people probably cant be bothered.

Did you ask him about his expenses and property swaps? if so I am sure he would have departed PDQ.

Hemel is similarly 'blue' and I've not seen a single poster round here yet.

Was driving through South Ockendon today and counted 11 UKIP posters and 1 Labour. I know it means nothing really but Tim Aker looks to have a real shout in Thurrock.

Had a Conservative knock today, as a hard working NHS worker, I asked him ,if we were all in this together ,as his beloved bleeder told us, why did the Tory party approve the 11% pay award for MP's at a cost to the tax payer of around £5 million pounds, yet block a recommended pay rise to NHS staff of 1%. Surprisingly after an embarrassing silence and still no answer, I shut the door.

Last edited:
Had a Conservative knock today, as a hard working NHS worker, I asked him if we were all in this together ,as his beloved bleeder told us, why did the Tory party approve the 11% pay award for MP's at a cost to the tax payer of around £5 million pounds, yet block a recommended pay rise to NHS staff of 1%. Surprisingly after an embarrassing silence and still no answer, I shut the door.

I bet your not a cleaner at Basildon hospital,they could do with some hard workers.

I bet your not a cleaner at Basildon hospital,they could do with some hard workers.

Correct, Some areas of that establishment are not fit for purpose due to under staffing, under funding and low morale.
The NHS is being privatised via the back door by greedy wealthy Tory backers.

Back