• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Eliud Kipchoge

Incredible!

Shame they aren’t counting it as an official record. Impressive feet I just hope he can recreate it at an ‘official’ event so it can be counted.

Mo Farah hasn’t got a chance of winning London with this guy still competing.

Incredible!

Shame they aren’t counting it as an official record. Impressive feet I just hope he can recreate it at an ‘official’ event so it can be counted.

Mo Farah hasn’t got a chance of winning London with this guy still competing.

Why is it not an Official Record?

He was averaging 4.40 minutes per mile and running 100m every 17 seconds! That is absolutely incredible!

That is a shame and a bit ridiculous, but I think most people interested in running/athletics will recognise it as breaking the 2 hour Marathon barrier.
Not really, it was an organised one man advertising campaign backed time trial, 40 odd pacemakers stepping in and out of the “event” to assist. They may as well had an electric car with a damn great windbreak on it to set the pace and shelter him.
Great physical achievement , but not an IAAF sanctioned world record.

I can understand that most people involved in running these days do not race, they run for a time, and this will have a certain appeal.

Not really, it was an organised one man advertising campaign backed time trial, 40 odd pacemakers stepping in and out of the “event” to assist. They may as well had an electric car with a damn great windbreak on it to set the pace and shelter him.
Great physical achievement , but not an IAAF sanctioned world record.

I can understand that most people involved in running these days do not race, they run for a time, and this will have a certain appeal.

He had a car in front of him with a laser guiding his route.

Saw a tweet that said out of the 51M + Park Runs, only 15 have managed that pace but just for 1/8th of the distance. World record or not, it's a remarkable achievement.

Back