• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ryansm05

Coach
The former Charlton youth product impressed boss Phil Brown having been brought in by academy manager Ricky Duncan.
"Ellis has come in after impressing Ricky Duncan," Brown told the club's official website. "He then trained with the first-team a couple of times and was extremely impressive.

"He stayed with the first-team, trained with us and in training games and has given John Egan and Jakub Sokolik real problems.

"His pace is one of his strongest attributes but he also has a real technical side to his game.

"I'm pleased we've been able to bring him to the club after he left Charlton. He's an exciting prospect."

This has kinda gone under the radar a bit this one.

Hopefully the type of player we have been missing all year.

Good stuff. That's what I like to see - players coming through the youth system and being given a chance as per Moussa and Bentley. :thumbsup:

Anyone know whether he's young & hungry?

I saw him in Maccy D's. He looked young, and after what he ate, I doubt he'll be hungry until the end of next season.

Spoiler:  
It's a joke, I have never seen him. I thought I ought to point that out before someone on here takes me literally.

I saw him in Maccy D's. He looked young, and after what he ate, I doubt he'll be hungry until the end of next season.

That's a good sign - if he is already a good player and eating rubbish ......... then he could be an even better player if we can improve his diet. :thumbsup:

He could be one of an find of the season in 2014/15, if Mr Brown mould him into an exciting winger.

Could be a good signing, look at the two young CB weve had. Neither had played any first team football but really matured in their time with us. Sometimes these youngsters just need a break and given a chance.

How do you know that we didn't try this?
The balance of probability based on our recent record of only offering very short deals to most players we have signed indicates we didn't, even Ted Smith is on a very short contract but he's being touted as the next Joe Hart by some.

Prem club looking at him, then comes to a 2nd div club,mm.

Obviously they all passed on him, but it means he has a good agent.

Talking of which, I would be very interested to see a list of what agents represent what Southend players to see if Brown has inherited some Allardyce traits in this respect.

We have a habit of giving a 1 or 2 yr contract with an option of another year - a one year with an option for another year would not be a bad approach

Back