• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvis Bwomono

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean Demi and Holmes did?
As far as I can tell Demi did, and Holmes would have done except he has Covid and has got 5 days to isolate. Not surprised even if contracts not sorted. Both good professionals and will want to play it straight and get fit even if they end up somewhere else.
And I believe we still pay out of contract players to the end of july if they haven't signed elsewhere?

Same as any season, they don’t sign then get replacements in, the deals will go to someone else, we are now in the national league.

I thought elvis was desperate to get us back into the league?

Tbh i dont give 2 hoots, everytime i read the name of a player from last seasons team it make me whince.

Edited for accuracy. I think the words might have come out of his mouth, but he probably had his fingers crossed behind his back.

Good luck to him. It will be interesting to see where they end up. I'd take the deals off the table and offer to other players who haven't had 2 relegations in a row in their CV.

Edited for accuracy. I think the words might have come out of his mouth, but he probably had his fingers crossed behind his back.

Good luck to him. It will be interesting to see where they end up. I'd take the deals off the table and offer to other players who haven't had 2 relegations in a row in their CV.
Elvis' offer will be glued to the table- because it requires a new club to pay compensation.
The club wont have to pay him after this month, so i suspect given the compensation requirement that doesn't go away and no monies one way or another it will resolve in the next short period.

Or at least give them a tight deadline to sign it. We always waste too much time chasing average players who are clearly looking for better deals.
Call their bluff I say, and if they don’t sign, move on.
I only want players who want to be here, not those that have no other options.

There was a nice moment with Elvis after the Sunderland game but just another 6/10 ex player who will be added to the archive database and soon forgotten.

Re Tim, as above barring the nice moment....actually, maybe an ex 5/10 player

Agree, goodbye and thanks for nothing.

In my humble opinion, this hostility towards Elvis Bwomono and Tim Dieng seems a bit over the top. Their contracts are up. Elvis is a promising player who is wanted by a number of league clubs and, given that a footballer's career is a short-one, must seek to advance as quickly as he can in the time available. Similarly, why should Tim take a big pay cut by playing in the National League with Southend when he may be able to find himself a League club and avoid that outcome.

In my humble opinion, this hostility towards Elvis Bwomono and Tim Dieng seems a bit over the top. Their contracts are up. Elvis is a promising player who is wanted by a number of league clubs and, given that a footballer's career is a short-one, must seek to advance as quickly as he can in the time available. Similarly, why should Tim take a big pay cut by playing in the National League with Southend when he may be able to find himself a League club and avoid that outcome.
Added to this we don’t know the full story. We don’t know what has been offered and how it compares to what they could earn elsewhere. We don’t know what has been said to both of them.

it’s not like there has never been a time in here when people have slagged off a player and then when the full story comes to light their opinion totally changes

There seems to be this weird perception from some people that loyalty should trump anything else. Calling Elvis a turncoat because he doesn't want to sign a new deal (which could be on a rubbish salary for all we know) with a non-league side is ridiculous, he's a professional footballer and a footballer's career is short and the next couple of seasons will decide whether he can hack it in professional football or if he'll need to drop down to semi-pro as so many of our ex-players ended up doing. If he can find a league club that will help his development then good luck to him. He's already given us 3 years, how many more were people expecting of him before they'd let him move on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back