• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvis Bwomono

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what they see in him
Well according to their local rag, this:

City boss Matt Taylor believes Dieng will be a great asset to his side, and he adds some experience to what is a very youthful squad at St James Park

"Tim is a great midfield player and is vastly experienced," Taylor said.

"He's been back over in France with his family so it took a little time to get him across with quarantine regulations, but he's here now and has a three week period to get ready for the season.

I've omitted the bit where the local rag calls us The Shrimps - bunch of muppets.

Well according to their local rag, this:

City boss Matt Taylor believes Dieng will be a great asset to his side, and he adds some experience to what is a very youthful squad at St James Park

"Tim is a great midfield player and is vastly experienced," Taylor said.

"He's been back over in France with his family so it took a little time to get him across with quarantine regulations, but he's here now and has a three week period to get ready for the season.

I've omitted the bit where the local rag calls up The Shrimps - bunch of muppets.
Don’t mind them taking the mick out of Morcambe ……but the muppets is an absolute no in my view. We’re would we all be without Kermit n Miss Piggy ?!!

• Haha
Reactions: RHB
City boss Matt Taylor believes Dieng will be a great asset to his side, and he adds some experience to what is a very youthful squad at St James Park. "Tim is a great midfield player and is vastly experienced," Taylor said.
They must have been keeping tabs on him, as he only played once against the Grecians last season, and that was at centre-half, in that gut-wrenching 2-2 draw at the Hall.

I heard Elvis is on such a ridiculously low wage that he's better off doing anything else.
after the last few seasons i hope most of our players are on a ridiculously low wage the money i have spent out watching that rubbish

Dieng and Bwomono are doing exactly what Southend legend Adam Barrett did, when Barrett turned down the manager's job in the club's hour of need. I don't have an issue with him putting his career first, but lets not lionise him whilst vilifying others for making the exact same choice.
Dieng and Elvis combined haven't achieved a quarter of what Adam Barrett has in a Southend shirt. I was disappointed that Adam didn't become manager but he was never offered a contract as far as I know. This is a ridiculous comparison.

While many will disagree I firmly believe he is/was a much underappreciated player. All managers played him in a variety of positions which was not always to his advantage.
Three special memories: (1) His headed goal against Burton in a 3-2 victory which helped to ensure we still had something to play for when we met Sunderland in that last game of the season. Before he scored to put us 3-1 ahead we were beginning to look decidedly wobbly. (2) His wonderful pass to play in Cox for his third goal in the game against Portsmouth, and, (3) his goal against Colchester st RH last season.
On that day motivation and effort was no issue for the whole team (unlike the later game in the season) and I thought he had a really good game as did Kyle Taylor
I sometimes do wonder how much the loss of Kyle Taylor first to injury and then to Covid cost us last season, and, if we could have avoided relegation if he had not missed so many games. I thought we usually looked a much better side when he played.
But that is veering off topic which is........thank you Timothee Dieng. A player of genuine talent who, in his three seasons at Southend gave me some moments of genuine pleasure.
I wish him well at Exeter.

Goodbye Tim and good luck, bet youre glad to get out of the madness that was SUFC. Not my favourite player by any stretch but good to see a move, shouldve gone 2 seasons ago.

But that is veering off topic which is........thank you Timothee Dieng. A player of genuine talent who, in his three seasons at Southend gave me some moments of genuine pleasure.
I wish him well at Exeter.

Maybe, but not matched by his effort during the vast majority of his appearances for us.

He will probably shine in a successful side that play good, progressive football like Exeter
Yeah you’re right. He wasn’t really suited to a relegation dogfight but he’ll do ok at a team like Exeter I expect. Never my favourite player but I wish him all the best.

So Elvis as far as we know has pretty much missed the pre-season (certainly for EFL clubs) and deafening silence re being seriously linked to any clubs.

No pre-season, fee/compensation, RB, no salary coming in...

Very odd

Still think it was a serious error of judgement not at least going through pre-season and being ready for a move because his agent thought it would “look bad”. If I was a potential buyer no pre-season would look worse?

Don’t suppose it bothers us as we are not paying him as of 1st Aug..

So Elvis as far as we know has pretty much missed the pre-season (certainly for EFL clubs) and deafening silence re being seriously linked to any clubs.

Very odd

Still think it was a serious error of judgement not at least going through pre-season and being ready for a move because his agent thought it would “look bad”. If I was a potential buyer no pre-season would look worse?

Will there be a time where we would not be due compensation??

Very odd

It's nothing to do with optics from the agent but rather that if he got injured in training - like for example Coulson did - he wouldn't be insured, he wouldn't be able to pass the medical and he wouldn't be paid.

But then not having money in his account payday won't be a new experience for Elvis.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back