• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Elvis and Kelman valuation?

amsemp

Director⭐
Been a lot of speculation about these two lately. Just interested to hear what sort of transfer fee people think we could achieve for them? Transfer fees have gone mad the last few years and they’re both homegrown which adds a bit more on.

has there been any speculation? I've not seen anything.

Personally I'd say Kelman would be a high 6 figure sum as a minimum.

Elvis is a bit more difficult to value as for all his effort I'm not sure he's got the quality play much higher than the bottom of L1.

To be fair the “speculation” has been from those Twitter accounts that claim to be in the know but are actually kids in their bedroom making stuff up. But Chris Phillips has tweeted a few times denying certain rumours that have gathered steam.

What i think they are worth and what we would probably get are 2 different things. Charlie is worth more thwan Elvis for me. I would say Charlie 1.5 million and Elvis 750k. However, I think it is more likely we would get a max of 500k for Charlie and then certain add ons and maybe 300k max for Elvis with some add ons etc. All depends what division and how they go to

I'm not sure if he's a Southend fan but for some reason a guy that writes up scout reports on La Liga wrote a piece on Elvis last month, the strengths and weaknesses he identified seem pretty accurate to me. He reckons Elvis has potential but needs to improve in a few vital areas, we might be better off holding on to him for a year to try and iron those out before trying to sell him.

I'm not sure if he's a Southend fan but for some reason a guy that writes up scout reports on La Liga wrote a piece on Elvis last month, the strengths and weaknesses he identified seem pretty accurate to me. He reckons Elvis has potential but needs to improve in a few vital areas, we might be better off holding on to him for a year to try and iron those out before trying to sell him.

That is SZ’s very own @manor15.

Elvis 650k plus 15% sell on
Kelman 1.2 million + 20% sell on and loan back

Both great prospects and hope we have yet to see the best
Will both play at a higher level imo but early days and have to wait.
I thought Dru could play for England so what do I know!

It's a buyers market, we are skint and the players won't need much convincing to go so hardly the hardest bargain we'll be able to drive....

It's a buyers market, we are skint and the players won't need much convincing to go so hardly the hardest bargain we'll be able to drive....
Understand what you are saying but almost guaranteed first team football next season as opposed to sitting on a bench! not sure as players it would be the wisest decision.
If they have to go then someone will get a bargain!

Talk of either of them going for any more than £250k is ludicrous.

They may have varying add ons and maybe in Kelmans case a sell on may be a good incentive but no ones spending much more than that on anyone other than the big guns.

Man U have Greenwood who is Kelmans age and most Prem clubs and many champ clubs will have someone of a similar age who they have high hopes for who can’t break into their first team. It’s highly unlikely they will spend big on someone from outside.

Reactions: GBJ
Give them the managers job. They seem to meet the chairman's description well.

I just dont get the elvis adoration, never deny his effort levels and athleticism....not very good player imo. If someone offered me 500 quid I'd take it.

Same here. League 1 managers were targeting him as a weakness. He got destroyed by a Dover winger.

Back