• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Elvis and Kelman valuation?

The difference being Jude Bellingham has made 40 appearances in the championship (31 of which were starts) despite there being plenty of competition for places. Kelman on the other hand was playing in League One (a massive step down in quality) and realistically only got so much game time this year because we didn't have any strikers. Plus Jude only turned 17 last month, Kelman is 19 in November. It's almost unheard of for 16 year olds to play so many matches in the championship, it's less unheard of for an 18 year to play regularly in League One. Kelman's not done bad but he needs a season in League 2 where he's regularly scoring before we can entertain the idea of even getting £1m for him.

At that age you are paying for potential and not performance.

He may not be worth as much as Bellingham but Kelman's potential is worth a seven figure sum. Pre-corona clubs would happily speculate on such talent as if it comes off you've got a player worth ten times+ that. Covid-19 is likely to have reset the market though - it's just difficult to know by how much.

It's in writing here now, and I hope I am proved wrong, but we will get no more than £500,000 for Kelman.

Basically they are both worth whatever Ron wants to accept for them and with the amount of unemployed players about it won't be a lot.

The difference being Jude Bellingham has made 40 appearances in the championship (31 of which were starts) despite there being plenty of competition for places. Kelman on the other hand was playing in League One (a massive step down in quality) and realistically only got so much game time this year because we didn't have any strikers. Plus Jude only turned 17 last month, Kelman is 19 in November. It's almost unheard of for 16 year olds to play so many matches in the championship, it's less unheard of for an 18 year to play regularly in League One. Kelman's not done bad but he needs a season in League 2 where he's regularly scoring before we can entertain the idea of even getting £1m for him.
Very well put and spot on

Ron would be silly to sell now. The greed machine that is the PL and sky will be back in full flow long before the rest of us.

Its obvious Kelman can score goals in L2. Therefore he will be worth more next May than he is now and the price for a decent striker will most likely be restored.

Interesting tweet earlier on Judes stats in champ

Games - 40
Goals - 4
Assists - 2
Pass accuracy - 75%

Per 90 minutes :-

Passes - 33
Key Passes - 1
Tackles won - 3
Interception - 1
Successful Dribbles - 1.5
Shots - 1.2

Possession loss per 90 :-

Unsuccessful Touches 2
Dispossessed 2

I have to be honest they didn’t strike me as that fantastic ?‍♂️

Some of the valuations in this thread are wishful at best, and fanciful at worst.

Elvis has one year on his existing deal, and wants out of the club. He’ll be gone for around £200k.

Would be nice to hang onto Kelman for another year, but there are teams like Spurs sniffing around him, which means his head has already been turned. We’re not getting seven figures in a month of Sundays, but we will get a few decent add-on stipulations, and maybe around £300k up front.

Some of the valuations in this thread are wishful at best, and fanciful at worst.

Elvis has one year on his existing deal, and wants out of the club. He’ll be gone for around £200k.

Would be nice to hang onto Kelman for another year, but there are teams like Spurs sniffing around him, which means his head has already been turned. We’re not getting seven figures in a month of Sundays, but we will get a few decent add-on stipulations, and maybe around £300k up front.

We would get more than that even if the contract runs out because he is under 24. Under the PFCC scheme we get x amount (about £70,000) for each year he has been at the club and the fact he has gone past 50 appearances would increase the fee.

Any previous offers are also taken into account. If a big team want the player before his contract is up then they will pay more, not less than a fee set by PFCC.

We would get more than that even if the contract runs out because he is under 24. Under the PFCC scheme we get x amount (about £70,000) for each year he has been at the club and the fact he has gone past 50 appearances would increase the fee.

Any previous offers are also taken into account. If a big team want the player before his contract is up then they will pay more, not less than a fee set by PFCC.

Good point, I hadn’t considered that

Not sure who remembers him but I found this. Difficult to judge how time / money changes in this respect :-

ANTHONY STRAKER

• Anthony Straker joined Aldershot aged 18 having been released by Crystal Palace and went on to make in the region of 200 appearances in the Conference and League Two. He rejected a new contract, and aged 22 signed for Southend United on a two year deal.
  • The PFCC decided that Southend United should pay Aldershot an initial compensation fee of £17,500.
  • Additionally, Southend United would pay an additional £5,000 if they won promotion to League One during the two year contract.
  • Southend will also pay Aldershot 20% of any profit it makes from selling the player to another club at any point in the future.

from what I can gather (quick google searches!) the PFCC scheme only kicks in for players u24 looking to move on at the expiry of their contract when offered a new one? If a player is in contract it’s simply the agreed transfer fee?

i would agree with GBJ.. elvis is an awful defender..better going forward and getting crosses over and i would put him 150/200 k at the most..still a lot to learn and improve..def a div 2 player.. Kelman has prospects tho id also say a div 2 player at present but could improve massive next season and be worth a lot more than the 300/400 k id say hes worth now... dont think anyone above league 2 will want our lot ...Mansfield throwing cash about..they may try and steel them!

I agree with GBJ on the valuations yes.

but remember the compensation will only kick in if the player is out of contract. If he’s in contract it will need to be a figure that’s agreeable and meets clubs valuation based on several factors from experience, age, current level and potential level and also length of current contract....in both cases not long term at all.

in terms of comp Elvis is worth far more than Charlie based on time at the club, expenditure currently laid out on wages and most importantly the amount of games he’s played.

Charlie will attract interest if he keeps scoring goals but top clubs will more likely look to have their own talent out on loan in the champ or league 1 than pay for someone from league 2.

elvis is not a league 2 player! He has 80 odd appearances in league 1 that alone classes him as a league 1 player. Add in he’s a multiple player of the month, a double player of the year and only 21 years old means he’ll attract championship interest..or the entry least look to stay in league 1.

My guess is Elvis at approx £250-300k and Charlie less than that but with bigger add ons.

Remember if both players sit tight until January the club will have February to April playing time from them before they then go for very little based on comp examples I can find.

Reactions: GBJ
As long as Ron offers them a new contract, then we are covered.....Even if they are not interested and have no intention of signing.

Both Bentley and Payne stayed for the last year of their contract and we got more for them than 95% of people on here predicted.

The fee also depends on the level of your academy. If we were Cat 2 it would be higher. Not sure how they rate Aldershot but the rules have changed since Straker anyway.

Its not just appearances and length of time. Score goals at L1 level will also be recognised as an skill worth compensation.

Is CK's contract up in May or is it longer?

h
I agree with GBJ on the valuations yes.

but remember the compensation will only kick in if the player is out of contract. If he’s in contract it will need to be a figure that’s agreeable and meets clubs valuation based on several factors from experience, age, current level and potential level and also length of current contract....in both cases not long term at all.

in terms of comp Elvis is worth far more than Charlie based on time at the club, expenditure currently laid out on wages and most importantly the amount of games he’s played.

Charlie will attract interest if he keeps scoring goals but top clubs will more likely look to have their own talent out on loan in the champ or league 1 than pay for someone from league 2.

elvis is not a league 2 player! He has 80 odd appearances in league 1 that alone classes him as a league 1 player. Add in he’s a multiple player of the month, a double player of the year and only 21 years old means he’ll attract championship interest..or the entry least look to stay in league 1.

My guess is Elvis at approx £250-300k and Charlie less than that but with bigger add ons.

Remember if both players sit tight until January the club will have February to April playing time from them before they then go for very little based on comp examples I can find.
have to disagree about Elvis tho, he is def a league 2 player.. if we had better in his position he would be on the bench..dont forget we have an all round poor team (very poor)which needs re-building and is no way a league 1 team last couple seasons...been coming to roots since mid 70's and this team is by far the worst ive seen at roots.. last couple years...Elvis will improve with the right guidance and so will the youngsters in league 2.. mid table next year then push for a league 1 return 21/22

I think Elvis winning player of the month awards is more down to his attitude than abilities sadly, and it wasn't up against huge competition either. I do feel we owe him a place in a more settled side, he is still young enough to add so much to his game.

I think Elvis winning player of the month awards is more down to his attitude than abilities sadly, and it wasn't up against huge competition either. I do feel we owe him a place in a more settled side, he is still young enough to add so much to his game.
100% agree and im sure he will improve and add a lot more to his game!

Back