• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Elvis and Kelman valuation?

Exactly this! Other clubs know they can get our talent for next to nothing.

Think how much Peterborough would’ve got for Leonard or Bentley.

That's what a **** owner does for you.

Ron would want a more than £1m for Kelman. He is signed for us so any offer for less would be rejected.

We have had these unrealistic low claims for Bentley, Payne, Lenny and Dru. They all went for double the amount for what many expected.

Ron would want a more than £1m for Kelman. He is signed for us so any offer for less would be rejected.

We have had these unrealistic low claims for Bentley, Payne, Lenny and Dru. They all went for double the amount for what many expected.

I wouldn’t say they were low claims I think it’s disheartening when you see players of similar calibre going for more money. As suggested above if all of the players you mentioned were at Peterborough they would’ve gone for double if not more. Clubs know we are desperate for cash and they can get our talent at ridiculous price.

Look at Dru, we got what £500k plus add ons, he’s done next to nothing at Brentford played about 5 games and is now off for £1.5m.

I really hope so but unfortunately if the right offer comes in they’ll be gone.

the thing that'll most likely keep them at the club is that they will require a fee, there are nearly 1500 footballers looking for a job so paying a fee for a squad / youth player would be a bit negligent for most teams outside of the championship

I’d be very surprised to see a player in or out of the club that requires a fee. Elvis May be the exception but beyond that I just don’t see it.

I wouldn’t say they were low claims I think it’s disheartening when you see players of similar calibre going for more money. As suggested above if all of the players you mentioned were at Peterborough they would’ve gone for double if not more. Clubs know we are desperate for cash and they can get our talent at ridiculous price.

Look at Dru, we got what £500k plus add ons, he’s done next to nothing at Brentford played about 5 games and is now off for £1.5m.

Maybe it's because Peterborough and us report transfer fees differently. (Don't forget most times RM insists on the price being undisclosed so we don't really know the details.) Maybe we report the initial price and they report the theoretical total with all add ons included.

I'm not saying I'm right, I'm just saying it's possible. Why? For the simple reason that I don't believe we would continuously undervalue our players. Ron's not that stupid.

Bentley and Payne were set by tribunal. We got more than that for Dru and the fee Ron achieved for Lenny surprised many within the game as it was January and he could leave in May.

Besides the standard parting sneer to any of the above was "not good enough"..."bench warming at best"...So we surely cant expect more

Bentley and Payne were set by tribunal. We got more than that for Dru and the fee Ron achieved for Lenny surprised many within the game as it was January and he could leave in May.

Besides the standard parting sneer to any of the above was "not good enough"..."bench warming at best"...So we surely cant expect more

Maybe towards Payne but not the others.

There was a lot of apathy towards Dru leaving....sour grapes from some maybe but still an awful lot of comments suggesting no great loss.....

Maybe towards Payne but not the others.

Peterborough do pay a lot more for their players and when you end up the L1 top scorer. The fee is more up in the (adjust for football inflation) Collymore bracket than the (has potential) Dru bracket.

I agree, historically there does seem to be a Fry tax. We all know that but we don't want Judas back. The difference is, they spend to accumulate and we are not in that position......Until FF, which is ahead of the Posh's very own new 20,000 seater stadium.
Im sure if we had been selling Ivan Toney and they were selling Dru. The fees would be very similar for both, if they had the same season as players.

He reckons Elvis has potential but needs to improve in a few vital areas, we might be better off holding on to him for a year to try and iron those out before trying to sell him.

From memory, Elvis only has one year left on his current deal - which was activated by us, not him. He has had suitors for the last few windows, and has been interested by them, but we’ve blocked it every time.

What I do know, is that he still has those suitors at the moment, and his agents have been In conversation with Ron over the last week or so.

I’m expecting him to be off before the season starts, in all honesty.

From memory, Elvis only has one year left on his current deal - which was activated by us, not him. He has had suitors for the last few windows, and has been interested by them, but we’ve blocked it every time.

What I do know, is that he still has those suitors at the moment, and his agents have been In conversation with Ron over the last week or so.

I’m expecting him to be off before the season starts, in all honesty.

I agree that Elvis could well be the most likely to move on now

of our younger players who are under contract, Elvis, Kelman and Hutchinson have all attracted interest in the last window and all only have a year left on their contracts.

This adds to it being a buyers market and could potentially drive the values down more than up

Well if Jude Bellingham is worth £25m + £5m add ons then surely Kelman must be worth more than a couple of hundred grand?

Both made league debuts at 16, both youth internationals at various levels for their respective countries.

Bellingham may be the the most gifted teenager in Britain, but he ain’t scored from the halfway line!!

Kelman is a natural goal scorer, and at the right club he could progress immensely. I’d be looking for at least 2 or 3 million with add ons

Well if Jude Bellingham is worth £25m + £5m add ons then surely Kelman must be worth more than a couple of hundred grand?

Both made league debuts at 16, both youth internationals at various levels for their respective countries.

Bellingham may be the the most gifted teenager in Britain, but he ain’t scored from the halfway line!!

Kelman is a natural goal scorer, and at the right club he could progress immensely. I’d be looking for at least 2 or 3 million with add ons
Can’t see us getting anywhere near that personally, financial situation of many clubs (even some prem), surplus of players (assuming not moving to the prem), we could well be a distressed seller (not saying we are just putting it out there) and finally it is a buyers market right bow. Lucky to get 1 million in my mind

The difference being Jude Bellingham has made 40 appearances in the championship (31 of which were starts) despite there being plenty of competition for places. Kelman on the other hand was playing in League One (a massive step down in quality) and realistically only got so much game time this year because we didn't have any strikers. Plus Jude only turned 17 last month, Kelman is 19 in November. It's almost unheard of for 16 year olds to play so many matches in the championship, it's less unheard of for an 18 year to play regularly in League One. Kelman's not done bad but he needs a season in League 2 where he's regularly scoring before we can entertain the idea of even getting £1m for him.

Back