• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvis Bwomono

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Ron should come out and say what really happened rather than hang Elvis out for the vultures to lay their blame?
Why don't you enlighten us? You obviously know something.

If all Ron has done is refuse to waive a transfer fee after Elvis and his agent didn't want to negotiate then he has done nothing wrong

Yeah, his agent screwed him over advising him to sign that deal with us at 18. Phil Brown as his manager; Ron Martin as his employer; fans telling him to **** off. He’s best off out of it.

He’ll still be back in the EFL before us:Sad:
Agree with this. But when Elvis was 18, apart from the chairman / employer, Southend would’ve looked like a very promising future for a young pro.
What an absolute idiot! Didnt sign for us! Couldn't get an english club, and now going to play in iceland!
Up there as one of your most ill-informed comments.

Yeah if that was all he done
So what has he done? The player decided to leave the club and not play for a year. What has Ron done wrong that made elvis to make that decision?

We know an offer was made to him as that triggered the requirement for a fee.

There is also the rumour that a move to Orient fell through as they hadn't been made aware that a fee was due

So what has he done? The player decided to leave the club and not play for a year. What has Ron done wrong that made elvis to make that decision?

We know an offer was made to him as that triggered the requirement for a fee.

There is also the rumour that a move to Orient fell through as they hadn't been made aware that a fee was due
Indeed I have no time for Ron but even a stopped clock is right twice a day!

I’m not in a position where I want to speak for Elvis. Players are advised all the time to not say anything or not make a statement through fear of repercussions later, as football is such a dirty incestuous business. Harry Lennon was advised to do the same when all it would’ve taken was a brief statement to stop the ongoing rubbish that was written.

However if Ron was so sure he had been honorable and honest why hasn’t he said exactly what went on?

Why after all these years and all the crap you’ve been through as a fan do you choose to side with Ron and assume he’s been transparent and honest in this situation?

Strange.

Elvis on Twitter - “Some highs and a lot of lows. Not the way I wanted it to end.. but that's football.”
would have been a lot better off playing for a move.
He would have been a lot better off playing for a move with Southend than playing for a move where it is a tenner a pint.

We receive nothing for this.
Surely us getting any kind of fee was unrealistic. If the club were going to get money it would have happened ages ago, his value has diminished and therefore we’ve not lost anything and in fact removed him from the wage bill.

I’m surprised we didn’t release him near the start of the season, thus avoiding to continue to pay his salary.

You can’t really blame him, he’s been stuck in limbo for a year and as much as some don’t like it, it has put an end to his farce.

I hope the club and the player learn from this.

Surely us getting any kind of fee was unrealistic. If the club were going to get money it would have happened ages ago, his value has diminished and therefore we’ve not lost anything and in fact removed him from the wage bill.

I’m surprised we didn’t release him near the start of the season, thus avoiding to continue to pay his salary.

You can’t really blame him, he’s been stuck in limbo for a year and as much as some don’t like it, it has put an end to his farce.

I hope the club and the player learn from this.

Had he moved within this country, we still would have received compensation. Maybe not as much as had he moved to Orient when he hoped too, but we still would have got something.

Why would we release him, and forgo any compensation? The same people suggesting this, would be moaning when he got his move to Orient and if he did well and moved this summer for £1 million and we didn’t get a cut.

It’s swings and roundabouts. I’ve explained what happened with Elvis a few times. I fully support the decision to have kept hold of his registration to ensure we got compensation. No one, not even Elvis, could have seen a year out of the game and an obscure move to Iceland.

He hasn't played for a year so he wasn't worth anything anyway.

We still would have got something, and would of had a sell on clause included. Which would have been potentially better than the fee we could have received.

Imagine a year out of the game, when you've probably got 10-15 as an outfielder in your senior career.
He's sat out a minimum 10% of his profession, and for what? To move to Iceland?
To a team that last won their Championship in 1998, with an average 1,600 gate, and plays at the attached
Elvis has left the building, and his senses...

Lovely scenery but not exactly where you want to be playing as a Pro footballer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back