• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Elvis Bwomono

Status
Not open for further replies.
If three seasons of abject failure are the criteria why single out these two? We have still have more than a few who have been on our books for the past three seasons most of whom have arguably contributed less than these two....it has been tough to be a Blues supporter during the last three seasons but these two have been quite often been involved in some of the better moments. I do not begrudge them seeking opportunities at a higher level than we are able to offer, and, wish them both nothing but the best in the future.
Exactly - we shouldn’t single them out, I agree with what you’re saying. I wish them both well and that applies to anyone else from the past few seasons that wants to go too. It’s better for us and them if they go so we can have a fresh start without those who have grown very accustomed to endless defeats and relegation.

Never seen anything in Tim Dieng to say he was the answer. Other than one world class reverse ball to Cox who duly despatched. Maybe it's his style of play but seems to play at about 50% capacity.

Elvis, I have more time for. Youth players who has has stepped up and failed when the others around him failed, but has always learned and given his all, apart from maybe when heads dropped across the board. I don't blame him for wanting to stay in league football and if we get a fee, I'll wish him well. Slightly dissapointing to not show for training etc but I'm sure he will find a club in league 1 or 2 quite easily. The question is whether clubs have finances to spend.

Dieng and Bwomono are doing exactly what Southend legend Adam Barrett did, when Barrett turned down the manager's job in the club's hour of need. I don't have an issue with him putting his career first, but lets not lionise him whilst vilifying others for making the exact same choice.

This didn't happen. Ron pulled Barrett out the running because he didn't turn down the Millwall interim manager role. You don't turn down a promotion for a job you might not even get. Ron threw toys out the pram as normal.

Well well just seen Leyton Orient have signed a 25 year old right back from Hibs. Guess no need for Elvis now, I do hope Elvis’s agent has other irons in the fire?

Its difficult to know what is going on with Elvis. His brilliant agent might be negotiating with a number of clubs eager for his signature. or maybe not. But here's the challenge for a L2 club and many L1 clubs.

If they need to prioritise a RB, and will pay a fee for one, they also need to be offering a long contract. Why? Well the numbers.

lets say they assume a tribunal fee of £75k (that would be a gamble, but lets assume).

1 year contract- before wages Elvis has cost £1500 per week. Then add what he will want. At least £1,000, maybe £1,500. So £3,000 a week for a L2/L1 RB? Not likely.

Not until you get to 3 years with an option does it look better. But still you are adding £500 pw week to the twage cost.

I don't think its realistic in todays world to assume a sell on fee for a lower division RB.

This is not to say he won't get a reasonable move. But financially it might be quite what he hoped even if he stays at least in the EFL. Contract after the next might be different.

Another issue is pre-seasons have started and as far as we know he is, on the advice of his agent, sitting this out. The longer this happens it also doesn't help.

Given the above I hope he gets sorted sooner rather than later.

Its difficult to know what is going on with Elvis. His brilliant agent might be negotiating with a number of clubs eager for his signature. or maybe not. But here's the challenge for a L2 club and many L1 clubs.

If they need to prioritise a RB, and will pay a fee for one, they also need to be offering a long contract. Why? Well the numbers.

lets say they assume a tribunal fee of £75k (that would be a gamble, but lets assume).

1 year contract- before wages Elvis has cost £1500 per week. Then add what he will want. At least £1,000, maybe £1,500. So £3,000 a week for a L2/L1 RB? Not likely.

Not until you get to 3 years with an option does it look better. But still you are adding £500 pw week to the twage cost.

I don't think its realistic in todays world to assume a sell on fee for a lower division RB.

This is not to say he won't get a reasonable move. But financially it might be quite what he hoped even if he stays at least in the EFL. Contract after the next might be different.

Another issue is pre-seasons have started and as far as we know he is, on the advice of his agent, sitting this out. The longer this happens it also doesn't help.

Given the above I hope he gets sorted sooner rather than later.
I heard Elvis is on such a ridiculously low wage that he's better off doing anything else.

I heard Elvis is on such a ridiculously low wage that he's better off doing anything else.
Well the comparison would be against what he is offered now not what he was getting paid.

But I don’t know either his pay last year or what we have offered. We hear a lot of things but never the numbers. Maybe people don’t actually know- why should they I guess.

Anyway my point is Elvis finding a new club is a probably a little more complicated than it would otherwise be and may take longer.

Well the comparison would be against what he is offered now not what he was getting paid.

But I don’t know either his pay last year or what we have offered. We hear a lot of things but never the numbers. Maybe people don’t actually know- why should they I guess.

Anyway my point is Elvis finding a new club is a probably a little more complicated than it would otherwise be and may take longer.

Yeah. Even so, his agent is USM, one of the bigger players in the game. So I'd imagine they're sorting him out OK.

Might seem petty but I hate the fact that all these failure double relegation players even got the opportunity to turn down a contract offer from us. Let alone the fact that we were happy to wait weeks and weeks leaving us in limbo for that decision to be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back