• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Email betting tips

davewebbsbrain

Webby⭐
I got an email a couple of weeks ago with a horse racing tip in it. I didn't bet but checked and it won. I kept getting them and the win rate was about 65% so after a few days I put some money on the tips 4 days in a row and 3 of the 4 came in so I was up.
I then got an email saying to recieve more tips I would need to subscribe at £95 a month. I deleted the email but still got tips for another 3 days, then they stopped altogether. I then got a final offer of £95 for 2 months tips which I decided to go for. I'd made nearly £95 profit already so gambled on it not being a scam. The tips yesterday didn't come in but today's has so I am up over the last 2 days.

Hopefully it will keep going but with a strike rate of well over 65%, it could be a nice little earner.

On a side note, Betfair are offering 9/1 on Spurs, Leicester and Wolves winning today, which is a good possibility

Not too bad actually. Still about 60% win rate. I've also started to take a bit of interest in tipsters across the board to try and pick a few winners myself and I've managed to turn £30 into £87 in a week

Good luck to you, but I'll let you into a little secret re tipsters

I worked on The Sporting LIfe and Daily Mirror for years and got to know Bob Butchers who was NewsBoy in the Daily Mirror top tipster,on the weeks he was on holiday or away which was often someone in the office use to pick them, only true one is Timeform that pours over rating, going, time etc, much easier now on Computer and programmes work it out for you

Hope the winning continues

I got an email a couple of weeks ago with a horse racing tip in it. I didn't bet but checked and it won. I kept getting them and the win rate was about 65% so after a few days I put some money on the tips 4 days in a row and 3 of the 4 came in so I was up.
I then got an email saying to recieve more tips I would need to subscribe at £95 a month. I deleted the email but still got tips for another 3 days, then they stopped altogether. I then got a final offer of £95 for 2 months tips which I decided to go for. I'd made nearly £95 profit already so gambled on it not being a scam. The tips yesterday didn't come in but today's has so I am up over the last 2 days.

Hopefully it will keep going but with a strike rate of well over 65%, it could be a nice little earner.

On a side note, Betfair are offering 9/1 on Spurs, Leicester and Wolves winning today, which is a good possibility

Sounds very similar to a well known scam.

What they do is send out a huge number of mails to groups of different people. Each group contains a different pick.

The groups that contain winners then get spilt again and the process repeated.

After a few rounds some of the groups have only received winning picks.

These are the ones that are asked for money.

Last edited:
Sounds very similar to a well known scam.

What they do is send out a huge number of mails to groups of different people. Each group contains a different pick.

The groups that contain winners then get spilt again and the process repeated.

After a few rounds some of the groups have only received winning picks.

These are the ones that are asked for money.

The strike rate was about 60%, some won, some lost. Was offered a subscription from the start actually and good a better deal the longer I didn't subscribe. I also check the tip against numerous online tipsters to compare

Good luck to you, but I'll let you into a little secret re tipsters

I worked on The Sporting LIfe and Daily Mirror for years and got to know Bob Butchers who was NewsBoy in the Daily Mirror top tipster,on the weeks he was on holiday or away which was often someone in the office use to pick them, only true one is Timeform that pours over rating, going, time etc, much easier now on Computer and programmes work it out for you

Hope the winning continues

I can just imagine the teaboy picking from random and that going into the paper lol. I'll check out Timeform

First 2 of my 3 bets have come in, one being the email tip. 200% profit so far. Final race is evens so hopeful of 100% strike rate today and will be 250% profit for the day. If it loses, still 100% profit for the day

I know a professional punter and that is all he does picks two or three horses for the day and only backs them for a place, the race must only have between eight and ten runners. Mind you he’ll put up to three grand on a horse at a time at £1.20 for the place. He normally has a strike rate of 85% by doing this.

Putting three grand on a horse? I get all giddy putting a fiver down.

I know a professional punter and that is all he does picks two or three horses for the day and only backs them for a place, the race must only have between eight and ten runners. Mind you he’ll put up to three grand on a horse at a time at £1.20 for the place. He normally has a strike rate of 85% by doing this.

Putting three grand on a horse? I get all giddy putting a fiver down.

That's a hell of a lot of money to put down but if it's for a place and the horse has good odds, the chances are it will come in. Small profit multiple times is equal to big profit I guess

I can just imagine the teaboy picking from random and that going into the paper lol. I'll check out Timeform
It is really easy to do your own analysis if you have the time. I do it for Cheltenham every year and am usually very successful (I have only had one loss making year 2 years ago and that was only about £30 and it was very heavy going).
OLBG give you the trends for every race which will help you find a horse that has a similar profile to previous winners. So as an example they might say:

-in the last 10yrs 9 winners have had a Career strike rate of at least 32%
-in the last 10 years all winners had made 4-7 starts in the previous 12 months
- in the last 10yrs all winners were less than 9/2 last time out
- in the last 10 years 9 winners had a jockey that had ridden the horse 4 times or more
- in the last 10 years 9 winners had run more than 5 chase races
etc

So you then then go through the card and the horses profile on sky sports and see which of the horses get the most ticks nest to their name and you have a horse with a winning profile based on the results of the last 10yrs. Sometimes you find quite freakish occurences, like a 20/1 shot rated the 2nd or 3rd most likely winner based on this profiling and it is usually these ew shots that make me the most money.

in regards to my reply on the 13th January, I bit the bullet and decided if I could give the method that my professional punting friend used. I had tobe very disciplined. The only time I backed we’re Wednesday and Saturday races.

So to date that has been 24 races. I only outlaid $10 each time. Out of the 24 races I managed to get a place dividend in all but one race.

The first day I managed to go home with a profit of $14. The second was $17.50. It wasn’t until my sixth round where I missed out on one race, I lost a dollar that day.

In summary I started out with $10 and the winnings were: -

1) $14.00
2) $17.50
3) $13.00
4) $19.00
5) -$1.00
6) $14.00
7) $22.00
8) $18.00

So I managed to turn my $10 into $116.50 profit. Like I say you have to be disciplined. I really on researched about 10 minutes each day of betting.

if like my friend you’re betting between $2,000 and $3,000 each race and with an 85% collect rate you can make a comfortable living.

I’m going to try raising my bets to $20 and see how I go. Just got to be disciplined.

Back