• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
It is a fact that we are under one hence all the bollocks that we are looking at this player looking at that one, one thing that ****es me of about our club is how they try to hide the facts under the radar. It's simple here, the accountants are apparently waiting to be paid and until they are the accounts do not go in to the relevant bodies.Some staff are unpaid and we haven't a pot to **** in.

All this ******** we hear makes me so angry and the skull-duggery that goes on honestly make me sick.I am falling out of love with SUFC and football on the whole on a daily basis.

If this is indeed the case and the accountants won't submit them until they've been paid, surely this is malpractice or negligence and they could be open to some legal or financial penalty?

We haven't got a pot to **** in, like many clubs at the moment unfortunately. Obviously ideally I'd like Martin to move on and someone who can at least improve the cash flow/cover some of the losses to come in. But it ain't gonna happen.

What IS making me angry is the club's attempts to sweep it under the carpet. The bare-faced lies to the people without whose hard-earned, the club would be even WORSE off. The fact that they seem to think we're stupid and won't find things out one way or another. The fact that the Chairman and board seem to think that we're beneath them because we're outside o their lovely little circle and not important enough to be kept in the loop about things. I'd rather know things, no matter how bad, than be kept in the dark an left to speculate.

Shocking treatment of the fans and yet more bad PR work. Drives me mad.

:witch Hunt: And the witch hunt goes on. Yawn Yawn. We are not the first or last club to get an embargo but in the past, and it is of some merit, we have always come through the problems. People need to accept and understand that things are tricky for many many businesses right now and we have no divine right to escape the hardships. Lets just wait and see where things stand in a week or so. I expect we will be jogging along as normal.

:witch Hunt: And the witch hunt goes on. Yawn Yawn. We are not the first or last club to get an embargo but in the past, and it is of some merit, we have always come through the problems. People need to accept and understand that things are tricky for many many businesses right now and we have no divine right to escape the hardships. Lets just wait and see where things stand in a week or so. I expect we will be jogging along as normal.

As I said though....I think the main issue for a lot of people will be the lack of honesty an communication from the club, not the embargo itself. The term "lying through their back teeth" springs to mind.

Ha, how can it be a witch hunt if it is true,surely that would only happen if it was not...of course times are tough but as James stated better to know the truth than be fed constant ********.

Lets hope you are correct and this is but a storm in a teacup.

If this is indeed the case and the accountants won't submit them until they've been paid, surely this is malpractice or negligence and they could be open to some legal or financial penalty?

In what way is it malpractice or negligence? Why should they carry through the work they're supposed to be being paid to do when they're not being paid to do it? And what leverage do they have to ensure payment once they've released the accounts?

Contractual obligations are a two way street.

In what way is it malpractice or negligence? Why should they carry through the work they're supposed to be being paid to do when they're not being paid to do it? And what leverage do they have to ensure payment once they've released the accounts?

Contractual obligations are a two way street.

Indeed! Let's not try to turn things around and blame the accountants here. Just because a football club is involved, doesn't mean the accoutancy firm are obliged to carry out the work when not paid. The blame lies at the door of the club. No-one else.

Perhaps I have a different view from the majority but this is a business and there's no way you can afford to be completely honest, creditors would be banging on the door. So publicly, everything is business as usual. Cashflow is king, at this time of year it's bound to be a challenge so you pick and choose who gets paid. Just hope it's staff before the accountants.

Oh for god's sake what is wrong with you, try walking out of Tesco's with a trolley full of shopping without paying, if you get stopped tell them you are waiting for some funds from something you're selling on ebay but you haven't had any bids yet but will sue them for malpractice if they don't let you take your shopping home.

This club continues to **** on everyone who either works for them or supplies goods and services but you have the audacity to slate the accountants who have become another in a long line of people who don't get paid on time, all allegedly of course !

So of we are under an embargo how comes there is nothing on the press. You hear on SSN all the time when clubs are in this process, local and national press also, yet nothing. I agree that something doesn't add up but why no news. The club can try and say otherwise but this stuff normally leaks out.

Its down to the club to confirm if an embargo is in place. The football league do not comment publicly on it.

Not according to CP ----

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982
In other news. Spoke to blues earlier and was told the club are not under a transfer embargo.

Not according to CP ----

In other news. Spoke to blues earlier and was told the club are not under a transfer embargo.

Ok good, that's cleared that up then.

Not according to CP ----

And not one shed of evidence to suggest we are.....
Is anyone going to provide any or can I revert to more enlightening threads?

So you think most clubs leave it until a week before kick-off to sign a goalkeeper then?

Other than the rumours....

These are the facts

We have not submitted our accounts to companies house yet and they are late

The FL regulations state that the accounts have to be submitted to them within the same timescales as set by companies house

The FL have a provision for emposing a registration embargo for failing to submit accounts

The conjecture is based upon whether we have submitted accounts to the FL but not to companies house and if not have the FL forgotten/chosen not to penalise us for the breach of regs

Personally I seriously doubt we have or been able to submit the accounts to the FL but not to Companies House

As for the FL not penalising us for the breach... Why wouldn't they?

Other than the rumours....

These are the facts

We have not submitted our accounts to companies house yet and they are late

The FL regulations state that the accounts have to be submitted to them within the same timescales as set by companies house

The FL have a provision for emposing a registration embargo for failing to submit accounts

The conjecture is based upon whether we have submitted accounts to the FL but not to companies house and if not have the FL forgotten/chosen not to penalise us for the breach of regs

Personally I seriously doubt we have or been able to submit the accounts to the FL but not to Companies House

As for the FL not penalising us for the breach... Why wouldn't they?

Has anyone actually confirmed this as a fact or is it just a rumour that someone on here has come up with?

Back