• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Embargo?

I don't follow closely the fortunes of other clubs, however are Bolton u der embargo, or were they?
Bury and Maccs I presume would have been?
Any others?

Wigan since they've been placed under administration earlier this summer.

Are we 100% sure that clearing the debt on Wednesday will mean the embargo is lifted ? I thought I read a while back that this may not be the case due to other factors - hope to be proved wrong.

Are we 100% sure that clearing the debt on Wednesday will mean the embargo is lifted ? I thought I read a while back that this may not be the case due to other factors - hope to be proved wrong.

We don’t know. There may well be other debts unpaid.

We do know that it needs to be paid before the embargo can be lifted.

Would it be fair to say this is one of the biggest weeks in our clubs hiatory?

How long have we actually been under one? It seems like about a year to me. The previous manager could not sign anybody and MM has no chance other than under 23's atm.

So is it a year?

How the whole Board seem to have been content for the club to be hamstrung in this way for so long is incredible.

Seems to me that another real problem for us is that the success of our Academy has been to produce players who have been sold on to the academies of bigger clubs. This has proved to be a great money earner which undoubtedly has kept the wolf away from the door on occasions. What our academy has not been able to do is produce players who can consistently put in at L 1 & 2 levels.
This is not to criticise our academy as it does what it does brilliantly but I only suggest that the model it works under might not be best suited to turning out youths ready to thrive in the lower leagues.

They aren't, but since Ron owns well over 75% he can do whatever he likes whatever they say.

Thanks for that information. Point taken. The Chairman holds most of the cards. But presumably there are some members of the Board with deep-pockets that could help out in what is a crisis situation for the club?

Thanks for that information. Point taken. The Chairman holds most of the cards. But presumably there are some members of the Board with deep-pockets that could help out in what is a crisis situation for the club?

See my reply on another thread:

From what I understand Ron won't even tell the board how much of the future FF revenue SUFC will actually benefit from. Given that they can't even get that out of Ron, I would guess that you're right.

That's possibly one of the reasons the club are in such a bad way. None of the board (from what I've heard - although I admit this is all rather out of date) are prepared to give/loan the club any money because they are kept in the dark. So Ron is left having to do it all himself. The ironic thing is that Ron then uses that as an argument that the club wouldn't survive without his financial input!

Back