• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

wally4pm

Old Timer
I have heard lots lately about us being under a transfer embargo because of unpaid monies owing.

Is it the Footballl League or the FA who place us under such an Embargo?

Is it not possible to ask them direct whether we are under such an Embargo and why and what it would take to have it lifted?

Surely there must be some sort of public record showing which clubs have such an Embargo on them and these must be available for public inspection either voluntarily or by way of Freedom Of Information legislation?

Does anyone know the answers to this whole matter or should I simply write direct to the FL? Either way I feel that supporters who part with their hard earned money are entitled to know what is happening to the club and the reasons for it.

No they do not disclose who is under embargo nor will they confirm if we are under one or not.

The reason we are under embargo, and this is from Ron, is due to us no paying other clubs for the away ticket money we made and didnt sell on.

I understand we have been under numerous embargos over the past 3 months and at one time had 9 imposed on us at one time, 11 being the highest ever recorded.

I've attempted to get this information from the Football League before, they don't release it. An FOI would be no good as they do not have an obligation to provide information under the act. I agree supporters are entitled to know, but fact is the football authorities don't give two hoots about football fans these days.

useless.

confidentiality acts no doubt?

I have tried to get further details from the PFA before regarding players that are out of contract but they aren't interested unless you are a listed agent.

No they do not disclose who is under embargo nor will they confirm if we are under one or not.

The reason we are under embargo, and this is from Ron, is due to us no paying other clubs for the away ticket money we made and didnt sell on.

I understand we have been under numerous embargos over the past 3 months and at one time had 9 imposed on us at one time, 11 being the highest ever recorded.

Sounds like we are going for an unwanted record then :stunned:

Sounds like we are going for an unwanted record then :stunned:

How can we possibly know? Of course 11 concurrent embargoes sounds bad, but how many have Portsmouth or Port Vale been under at one time for instance?

Our situation is undeniably serious, but is anything gained by dramatising everything? According to some on here, quoting good authority, we should have been wound up two or three years ago but still we bumble along. In other words, cheer up things could be a lot worse.

:happy:

So when Ron said "we are not under an embargo", strictly he was telling the truth - not one but 9 !!!

useless.

confidentiality acts no doubt?

I have tried to get further details from the PFA before regarding players that are out of contract but they aren't interested unless you are a listed agent.

Whilst I admire your efforts , why would anyone disclose details about a third persons contract to you or any other member of the public ??

So when Ron said "we are not under an embargo", strictly he was telling the truth - not one but 9 !!!

I believe we were under 4 Embargo's recently with 9 being our previous record. Assume this was under Tilly when we weren't paying players. 11 is the record, held by Portsmouth probably.

How can we possibly know? Of course 11 concurrent embargoes sounds bad, but how many have Portsmouth or Port Vale been under at one time for instance?

Our situation is undeniably serious, but is anything gained by dramatising everything? According to some on here, quoting good authority, we should have been wound up two or three years ago but still we bumble along. In other words, cheer up things could be a lot worse.

:happy:

I am not "dramatising" anything!

11 is the highest number of embargo's ever served on one particular club, at one time in the FL. I would guess Pompey and Port Vale could of been one of those at Level 11.

We are or were (let's hope it's the latter) at Level 9 this season.

That is not "dramatising" that is stating facts I am afraid.

...and saying other clubs like Portsmouth are worse doesnt mean we shouldnt be concerned.

I am not "dramatising" anything!

11 is the highest number of embargo's ever served on one particular club, at one time in the FL. I would guess Pompey and Port Vale could of been one of those at Level 11.

We are or were (let's hope it's the latter) at Level 9 this season.

That is not "dramatising" that is stating facts I am afraid.

We were at level 9 is stating a fact. Saying we are going for the record is clearly dramatising.

...and saying other clubs like Portsmouth are worse doesnt mean we shouldnt be concerned.

I never said we shouldn't be concerned. I said we should keep things in proportion.

We were at level 9 is stating a fact. Saying we are going for the record is clearly dramatising.

I never said we shouldn't be concerned. I said we should keep things in proportion.

It was a tongue in cheek comment. Nothing more.

Lighten up a little man!

As you say. It could be worse. We could be at Level 11!

:smiles:

It was a tongue in cheek comment. Nothing more.

Lighten up a little man!

As you say. It could be worse. We could be at Level 11!

:smiles:

Tsk, there you go again. Setting fire to RM might be fun but wouldn't solve anything.

:whistling:

The level is not the primary concern once you get to more than 2 or 3 - it's the combined values that are of great concern.

More than 3 registered "defaults" (which is a better way of putting it) indicates financial problems (as opposed to 1 or 2 "aggrieved" persons for example) and then it comes down to actual amounts.

7 debtors owed £1000 each is a problem, 5 debtors owed £10,000 each is far more serious (1 debtor called HMRC could be terminal however)

Back