• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Are we still in an Embargo we have now brought in two players under 2 year contracts and Phil Brown talks of another may follow soon .So we cant afford to pay the players it is said . yet players still sign contract .and corr and Prosser signed new contracts . So what is the state of the club Embargo or is it lifted .

Still under Embargo and will remain that way until we get a big old cheque from Sainsbury to pay various things, including current and ex player wages, bills etc. Oh and also filing our accounts which are about 10 weeks late.

What I cant understand Smiffy is if we still owe current players there wages why are player willing to sign a contract knowing players aren't getting payed . seams very odd to me .Accounts being late I understand many companys are late filing there accounts there is nothing strange about that .

What I cant understand Smiffy is if we still owe current players there wages why are player willing to sign a contract knowing players aren't getting payed . seams very odd to me .Accounts being late I understand many companys are late filing there accounts there is nothing strange about that .

We signed players before under Sturrock, you just cant register them.

However the league states you can register up to a match day squad, which these two would fall within.

As for not being paid, the club will point out its a tough time of year but overall they were paid on time last year. Most players will overlook it knowing they will get a contract, which is in itself security for them

Not sure about this but someone correct me if I'm not accurate. Smiffy you know your stuff on this so you'll correct me if I'm mistaken. I think if there is a breach of contract the PFA end up paying the players if the players have gone any length of time without pay. This in turn results in an Embargo. Players will getr their money somehow but not through the proper channels. As I've said not sure if this is totally correct but I've tried.

Not sure about this but someone correct me if I'm not accurate. Smiffy you know your stuff on this so you'll correct me if I'm mistaken. I think if there is a breach of contract the PFA end up paying the players if the players have gone any length of time without pay. This in turn results in an Embargo. Players will getr their money somehow but not through the proper channels. As I've said not sure if this is totally correct but I've tried.

I cant confirm that but I do think the PFA step in. Certainly heard of that before.

That begs the question of course why anyone uses wages as a reason for poor performance.

I think what it tells us is that we actually know naff all about what really goes on and that maybe things aren't quite as black as they are painted.

Because, if my understanding is correct, the players that are owed money don't play for us any more. PB can point out that if you're under contract you will be paid.

However, they will have the same problem when they leave...

Back