• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Embracing the national league

This is an extract from the Maidenhead FC site:
  • For league (and most cup) games, you just turn up and pay with cash at the turnstile. See admission prices.
  • Programmes are on sale for £2, and there's always a half-time raffle - 50% is prize money, 50% goes to the Club - just £1/ticket.
  • Seating is at no extra charge - and we have an excellent new stand with disabled access and wheelchair spaces.
  • There is a tea bar from which hot and cold drinks plus snacks can be obtained. The chips are excellent.
  • Stripes Bar is open on match days for anyone in need of a pint - we also show BT Sport matches on the big screen.
  • There is no crowd segregation, and so the game can be viewed from any part of the ground. This means you can actually walk around the whole ground to get the view you want. No need for binoculars here! There are stewards, but crowd trouble is almost unheard of.
  • Though it's true to say we get a lot more men than women, we'd like more ladies to come along and support the Club. It's unusual for the crowd to exceed 600, so it is not intimidating. We get plenty of children attending too.

No, No and can we hear Kings Lynn sing......

Oh Altrincham, is full of......

When they hear the Southend sing, the Wealdstone run away....

Yes, next season could be very different, I wonder if Ron will give us half the north bank
Not enough facilities in north bank would at least need a bar

Non league under Ron Martin? No thanks, I’ll pop round the corner and watch Maldon & Tiptree.

Non league under different ownership and I’ll definitely be back.

No more of my money will go towards such a terribly run business!

Part of me gets where you're coming from. The other part of me feels like that's stooping to his level. It might be a 'business' to Ron Martin, but it's not to me. It's my football club. It runs in my veins and I simply cannot imagine not giving it my support, no matter what division it's in. I definitely feel like there are always times for a boycott and I wouldn't rule it out here in the future. Other clubs have used it to great effect. But I don't think it's the time for that at SUFC.

Transfer embargo, winding up orders and not pay players on time or never has taken its toll on are club..... its the main reason why we are heading towards non league!

Regards to MM I agree he was out of his depth, but at the same time he did have both his hands tied behind his back for first 15 games!
R.M thought that none of this would apply to him....bad news second hand car dealer, you have just taken us down to obscurity!

I use to get funny looks from people when I told them I'm flying all the way back to the UK to watch my 3rd or 4th tier club... imagine the looks I'd get telling them I'm off to watch a non-league club. I'm going to have to invent a reason, making my club a dirty little secret.

You would easily be famous on Non League papers, seriously, they are an good read as I buy these papers since September as I accepted relegation after the first 6 games of the season.

Back