• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Embracing the national league

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
OK so it's not confirmed but let's be honest with ourselves. Todays results have all but sealed our fate.

Southend United football club will be playing non league next season.

I am annoyed at Ron for the way he has run the club for years. Its embarrassingly bad management that has led us to this point. Poor managerial choices, contract offers and grand designs without the funds.

I am upset for the fans of our club. We are a really well supported club at this level and stick by the club through thin and thinner. We won't surrender our support or our love of Sufc.

The national league is a new league a new challenge and an adventure of sorts.

I am however disappointed that the national league has become a farce. No relegation, clubs furloughing players and playing youth teams or not playing at all. We deserve relegation but surely the integrity of the promotion clubs is being called into question.

Bromley, Barnet, Dagenham, Wealdstone, Boreham, Woking, Maidenhead Utd, Aldershot, maybe Sutton (unless they don’t blow their chances) are the trip I am looking forward to, shame that Dartford/Dorking cannot go up, as it’s local side for away game.

We probably face the like of Concord, Billericay, Chelmsford, Hornchurch, Aveley, Basildon Utd etc if they play us in FA Trophy, plus we have FA Cup 4th qualification round for first time ever.

We need to get PB in for next season, if not, get an new manager straight away by May, so he can plan full Pre Season and get us into shape.

As for the squad, we have to get rid of 10 of them, keep 14 who want to be here, we are 6 players short from making an swift promotion challenge, 3 new strikers is an must!!

If we do well, we probably bring 2k at like of Boreham/Barnet/Wealdstone etc, plus we wouldn’t have trouble attracting best talents in conference as most of best non league talents come from Essex, it’s about time we explore it.

OK so it's not confirmed but let's be honest with ourselves. Todays results have all but sealed our fate.

Southend United football club will be playing non league next season.

I am annoyed at Ron for the way he has run the club for years. Its embarrassingly bad management that has led us to this point. Poor managerial choices, contract offers and grand designs without the funds.

I am upset for the fans of our club. We are a really well supported club at this level and stick by the club through thin and thinner. We won't surrender our support or our love of Sufc.

The national league is a new league a new challenge and an adventure of sorts.

I am however disappointed that the national league has become a farce. No relegation, clubs furloughing players and playing youth teams or not playing at all. We deserve relegation but surely the integrity of the promotion clubs is being called into question.

You make it sound like Ron deserves to be in that league!

Don't worry Ron's humiliation hasn't finished yet .Wait till either Col U or Orient actually send us down....always guaranteed to increase his popularity amongst the fans.
As for the NL I will leave it to you enjoy After 59 years of following this club I won't return until league football is played in the 3 sided Ron's Pension Pot stadium......Sad times I never believed I ever see

Don't worry Ron's humiliation hasn't finished yet .Wait till either Col U or Orient actually send us down....always guaranteed to increase his popularity amongst the fans.
As for the NL I will leave it to you enjoy After 59 years of following this club I won't return until league football is played in the 3 sided Ron's Pension Pot stadium......Sad times I never believed I ever see
I agree, the worst is yet to come..... Ultimately ron is to blame for this mess. He should do the honourable thing and sell up!

Being relegated by are rivals will hurt.

I agree, the worst is yet to come..... Ultimately ron is to blame for this mess. He should do the honourable thing and sell up!

Being relegated by are rivals will hurt.
Ron may be responsible for a few things (although please don't think about exonerating MM of any of the blame), but as far as I am aware he wasn't responsible for producing the 20/21 season fixture list.

No, No and can we hear Kings Lynn sing......

Oh Altrincham, is full of......

When they hear the Southend sing, the Wealdstone run away....

Yes, next season could be very different, I wonder if Ron will give us half the north bank

Looking forward to a spiffing avocado toastie with my pre-match aperitif/wine in a swanky Altrincham establishment...

Ron may be responsible for a few things (although please don't think about exonerating MM of any of the blame), but as far as I am aware he wasn't responsible for producing the 20/21 season fixture list.
Transfer embargo, winding up orders and not pay players on time or never has taken its toll on are club..... its the main reason why we are heading towards non league!

Regards to MM I agree he was out of his depth, but at the same time he did have both his hands tied behind his back for first 15 games!

Transfer embargo, winding up orders and not pay players on time or never has taken its toll on are club..... its the main reason why we are heading towards non league!

Regards to MM I agree he was out of his depth, but at the same time he did have both his hands tied behind his back for first 15 games!
19 players signed and not one a forward (unless you count Ranger, who I don't) doesn't suggest a manager with much nous to me.

19 players signed and not one a forward (unless you count Ranger, who I don't) doesn't suggest a manager with much nous to me.
I said it few months back...... failure to sign a striker or 2 will ultimately cost us relegation.

Are league position and the club reputation is hardly going to attract quality though.

Might as well, & close the South Stand to save on match day expenses. After all, won't be many in there, unless the club gives a couple of thousand free tickets to local schools?.
And even then, doubt they would all be snatched up!.
Ron tried that nearly 20 years ago it was called kid for a quid in south lower I doubt more than 50 turned up and it would be interesting how many go now as adults.

Not this again.

Please don't let Ron off the hook. We did not prepare for this season. Started pre-season late, transfer embargo in place until December, appointed a manager late and left him to try and beg steal and borrow a squad of the rejects nobody wanted.

One man is to blame for all this.

How many seats does a non league ground have to have? My worry is that the new ground would now be mainly standing which I am unable to do for 2 hours?

No rules on maximum amount of seats in that respect. Plenty of non league clubs with no terraces, and there won't be any changes to the stadium plans as a result of our relegation

Back