• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scumbag. But I'd say the justice system is just as disgraceful. In the paper today they had a list of other "crimes" where people have been punished with fines. One corker was the old woman charged with littering and fined £75. She was feeding the ducks, in her local park, but was throwing the bread from the wrong place. Madness.

Oh and another thing, this particularly mad poppy-hating mussy is also claiming benefits (to the tune of £800 apparently), so it's us taxpayers who have to pay the fine.

3 words KICK HIM OUT!! No questions asked. He obviously doesnt appreciate the standard of living he gets here so strip him of all benefits and send him on 1st plane home!

3 words KICK HIM OUT!! No questions asked. He obviously doesnt appreciate the standard of living he gets here so strip him of all benefits and send him on 1st plane home!

No doubt the pantywaists on the left will say 'but this is home'. In that case, he can consider himself evicted for breaching the terms and conditions. The Islamists have no respect for our war dead, especially those who defeated Hitler, who they regard as a great man for killing all of those awful Jews. Even though the holocaust was obviously a fraud. Make your mind up towelheads!

Can you name me any other country that would let this sort of disgusting madness to happen?.....It is a disgrace, we are far to soft on these types.

It's only caused massive offence and outrage because our media make it that way. Why should we be giving a soap-box to these nutters? It's exactly the reaction he wanted, so why allow him to get his way?

Im with Pubey , if no one had reported it , he would have been fined (and jailed if he did it again ) and basically forgotten . The mans a waste of space and our media (all sides) are just as bad for giving him air time.

Im with Pubey , if no one had reported it , he would have been fined (and jailed if he did it again ) and basically forgotten . The mans a waste of space and our media (all sides) are just as bad for giving him air time.

If no one had reported it, he would have got away with it. And done it again. I'm with Rusty on this. But What I think they should do is put them in a C-130, fly it out to the Atlantic, open the tail gate, and climb. Rapidly. Parachutes not included.

That's the bit that riles me the most. This piece of scum has worked the system to perfection. Words cannot describe the anger and disappointment I feel unreserved anger, to both him and the people running the show.

His act, IMO, promotes/incites racial/religious hatred, and should therefore be dealt with very severely. No poxy fines, no imprisonment. Automatic deportation can be the only answer. Nothing less would suffice for me.

How can this type of person be allowed to not only reside in our country, but also claim taxpayers money? I thought some key points of immigration was to show you can intergrate into society and respect our beliefs. At what point has this piece of horse s*hit demonstrated his abilitly to intergrate OR respect our beliefs?

Unfortunately the right to "free speech" has been well and truly raped beyond repair, by those who know they can get away with it. Shamefull.

It's only caused massive offence and outrage because our media make it that way. Why should we be giving a soap-box to these nutters? It's exactly the reaction he wanted, so why allow him to get his way?

I think it's caused massive offence because he's desecrated an iconic symbol which bares the memory of our fallen one's. That's not the media's fault.

By doing it in the first place, he's inciting hatred, whilst displaying he is unable to inergrate and live in our society. Why should we ignore him?

If he is so desperate for the airtime and fame, then why not put him on a boat and send him somewhere else? See how much he loves the fame then without he's cushy benefits and plush gaff in East London

Last edited:
Can you name me any other country that would let this sort of disgusting madness to happen?.....It is a disgrace, we are far to soft on these types.

Whereas in other countries, if you don't play by the rules you're f*****. The story of the teacher in Sudan(?) springs to mind. She committed the heinous crime of naming a teddy bear Mohammed, and was confronted by mobs with fire and effiges, calling for her head.

And IIRC wasn't a woman sentenced to death by the Taliban recently for blasphemy?

When it comes to us though, we just a soft touch

By doing it in the first place, he's inciting hatred, whilst displaying he is unable to inergrate and live in our society. Why should we ignore him?

If he is so desperate for the airtime and fame, then why not put him on a boat and send him somewhere else? See how much he loves the fame then without he's cushy benefits and plush gaff in East London
Because if you ignore him he fails , can't incite hatred if you don't give a crap now can you .
If you like but man deported on random boat gains more head lines . Ignoring him makes him and his actions worthless . Job done.

Because if you ignore him he fails , can't incite hatred if you don't give a crap now can you .
If you like but man deported on random boat gains more head lines . Ignoring him makes him and his actions worthless . Job done.

Maybe in a harmonious world. The real crux of the matter is, we have a man (who I doubt is the only one) who has openly displayed he cannot and will not intergrate into our society. For that reason alone, he shoudln't be here.

As for ignoring it, well, where do you stop? If you ignore it once, it gives the opportunity to do it again, or maybe worse? Zero tolerance is the only way to sort these loons out.

Its a classic case of playground stuff. Let them take the p*ss once, and you'll be bullied your entire life. Give it back twice as hard, and lets see their little bollocks shrink.

Maybe in a harmonious world. The real crux of the matter is, we have a man (who I doubt is the only one) who has openly displayed he cannot and will not intergrate into our society. For that reason alone, he shoudln't be here.

As for ignoring it, well, where do you stop? If you ignore it once, it gives the opportunity to do it again, or maybe worse? Zero tolerance is the only way to sort these loons out.

Its a classic case of playground stuff. Let them take the p*ss once, and you'll be bullied your entire life. Give it back twice as hard, and lets see their little bollocks shrink.
If you want to make a harmonious world then you do . However it has nothing to do with that . Is action maybe appropriate for this person . There is no where do you stop or start , you judge each situation as required . Sometimes you have to punch some ones lights out , others times a compassionate talk works . Why do do people keep looking for a one size fits all solution.

You act as you can . Not how you think you should or what is always socially acceptable.

I have seen bits of the article, what was he found guilty of ?

This is a highly emotive case, but law is not about emotion. The fine can only be in line with the offence and I doubt there was much in the statutes which could have merited a greater penalty.

I initially thought that an inciting racial hatred charge may have been applied, but I don't think you can charge someone for inciting hatred against your own race, and the poppy is race related in any way so I doubt it could be applied here.

EDIT

He was found guilty of causing harassment, alarm and distress

Which is a fine up to level 3 (£1,000)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harassment,_alarm_or_distress

Even given that any fine would be mitigated by financial circumstances it strikes me that the punishment is a tad lenient.

Last edited:
If you want to make a harmonious world then you do . However it has nothing to do with that . Is action maybe appropriate for this person . There is no where do you stop or start , you judge each situation as required . Sometimes you have to punch some ones lights out , others times a compassionate talk works . Why do do people keep looking for a one size fits all solution.

You act as you can . Not how you think you should or what is always socially acceptable.

Then how do you decide who needs a talking to, and who needs a slap? Secondly, what constitues 'a talking to' and what constitutes 'firm action?' All i've seen you do, with regards to this topic, is suggest we ignore it? So I dread to think how far you'd le it go, before we showed a bit of force.

Choudhury has, in my eyes, broken the terms of his immigration. I.e. he has shown an unwillingess to tolerate our country's beliefs and heritage, and has shown he is unable of intergrating into our society. Therefore IMHO, it would be better for our nation, if this thing wasn't on our shores.

SO... what 'good' does he bring to this country? Why would anyone not want this man expelled from our country?

I have seen bits of the article, what was he found guilty of ?

"Choudhury was found guilty of a 'calculated and deliberate' insult to the war dead and everyone who mourns them when he burned two large plastic poppies in a two-minute silence on November 11, in a ruling at Woolwich Crown Court."

This is a highly emotive case, but law is not about emotion. The fine can only be in line with the offence and I doubt there was much in the statutes which could have merited a greater penalty.

Quite. Unfortunately he's been charged under section 5 of the public order act I do believe, which is the same as being charged for being drunk and disorderly, littering or even swearing in public. Absolute disgrace from our CPS who, it would seem, don't have an ounce of backbone between them.

Also, the fine could have reached £1000. But in reality a fine is a f'ing joke, because the **** is claiming benefits! So he won't even have to pay it!!

Then how do you decide who needs a talking to, and who needs a slap? Secondly, what constitues 'a talking to' and what constitutes 'firm action?' All i've seen you do, with regards to this topic, is suggest we ignore it? So I dread to think how far you'd le it go, before we showed a bit of force.

Choudhury has, in my eyes, broken the terms of his immigration. I.e. he has shown an unwillingess to tolerate our country's beliefs and heritage, and has shown he is unable of intergrating into our society. Therefore IMHO, it would be better for our nation, if this thing wasn't on our shores.

SO... what 'good' does he bring to this country? Why would anyone not want this man expelled from our country?

"Choudhury was found guilty of a 'calculated and deliberate' insult to the war dead and everyone who mourns them when he burned two large plastic poppies in a two-minute silence on November 11, in a ruling at Woolwich Crown Court."

Quite. Unfortunately he's been charged under section 5 of the public order act I do believe, which is the same as being charged for being drunk and disorderly, littering or even swearing in public. Absolute disgrace from our CPS who, it would seem, don't have an ounce of backbone between them.

Also, the fine could have reached £1000. But in reality a fine is a f'ing joke, because the **** is claiming benefits! So he won't even have to pay it!!

To be fair the highlighted bit is not what he was found guilty of, but the opinion of someone (either the prosecuting counsel or the reporter ).

And , again taking the highly charged emotive issue, what else could he possibly have been charged with which would have stood up in court.

That would be knowledge and what we call the legal system (not sure if your aware of it , has many statuetes , law's reasoned arguments and intelligent people to decide what is an applicable responsible to said crimes)

I think you have missed the point of some of my posts the refer to applicable action governing the situation your in. I personally have no issues with using violence if i need to. But i went away and learned how to use it. I also discuss and rationalise a situation , i did the same . I find it shocking that people do still make ill informed opinions of what goes on and declare it as some absolute ... because its their opinion.

The fine came as the judge said up until the point of burning the poppies he was "legally" protesting , now while you may disagree with the judgement do you have the ability to counter it with a rational argument or are you evoking common sense (which is vulgar knowledge btw)

An example of this in action

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20110308/tuk-defendant-rugby-tackled-by-judge-6323e80.html

Last edited:
Back