• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emergency Loan Goalkeeping Options?

I know he has first team experience for them 12 odd games since 2014, he got a chance at some stage so we should give ours a chance and not take it away. How do we get our youngsters first team experience if we don't play them in a situation like this. There is nothing left on the season so finding out about these lads is a good thing for me

You can throw youngsters into all sorts of positions at most times as they always have players around them to guide and support.

A goalkeeper doesn't have that and throwing a youngster in when we are in such a dire position will do nothing but smash their confidence to pieces. The buck also stops with the keeper and gets all the flack for goals conceded.

In an emergency maybe, or in a team that is playing well and is full of confidence but not in the current situation

You can throw youngsters into all sorts of positions at most times as they always have players around them to guide and support.

A goalkeeper doesn't have that and throwing a youngster in when we are in such a dire position will do nothing but smash their confidence to pieces. The buck also stops with the keeper and gets all the flack for goals conceded.

In an emergency maybe, or in a team that is playing well and is full of confidence but not in the current situation

I do get your point, but think that can be said about any position (I feel for matt rush last night as he would usually score that for instance, that could lose him confidence - not getting on his back in any way shape or form. these youngsters are doing us proud in my opinion)).

Respect your opinion but will have to disagree on this point.

So why is it we couldn’t sign him ? Is this to do with ‘agreeing Agents fees’ also ? :Unsure:

So why is it we couldn’t sign him ? Is this to do with ‘agreeing Agents fees’ also ? :Unsure:
As the article suggests, the reluctance of the parent club to let go of the player was the issue. Trueman is Birmingham’s 2nd choice keeper and was on the bench for their last game so this is hardly a suprise.

Connal Trueman is 23 and has had first team experience at Birmingham. I would rather he played than Seaden. He has 5 years experience over Seaden

It's not about age. You have many years' experience over Seaden but I wouldn't want you in goal. It's about first team experience.

And the only way Seaden is going to get first team experience is by playing. He played last night, he played twice for the Daggers, so is only 9 games behind Trueman. With us already down I'd rather Seaden got the experience than Birmingham City's keeper.

Play Seadon - we're down. What's the point getting a youth/reserve player from a Championship side to blood them when we should be using our own. It's highly unlikely Oxley will be here next season. It's unlikely Seadon will be No.1 but we need an adequate reserve.

As the article suggests, the reluctance of the parent club to let go of the player was the issue. Trueman is Birmingham’s 2nd choice keeper and was on the bench for their last game so this is hardly a suprise.
Ah I must read better :Look:

Play Seadon - we're down. What's the point getting a youth/reserve player from a Championship side to blood them when we should be using our own. It's highly unlikely Oxley will be here next season. It's unlikely Seadon will be No.1 but we need an adequate reserve.

Do we not have an option on him?

Do we not have an option on him?

He's on our books until 2021 but I'm sure his agent will be sniffing out clubs in a higher league or in a better position (ie, most). A nominal fee and he'll be off.

He's on our books until 2021 but I'm sure his agent will be sniffing out clubs in a higher league or in a better position (ie, most). A nominal fee and he'll be off.
Whilst playing for Wakering last season there were scouts from Arsenal and Tottenham watching him. I believe Arsenal we’re very interested

Whilst playing for Wakering last season there were scouts from Arsenal and Tottenham watching him. I believe Arsenal we’re very interested

Well there you go then. Man Utd, Spurs & Arsenal. We develop some quality goalkeepers.

It's not about age. You have many years' experience over Seaden but I wouldn't want you in goal. It's about first team experience.

And the only way Seaden is going to get first team experience is by playing. He played last night, he played twice for the Daggers, so is only 9 games behind Trueman. With us already down I'd rather Seaden got the experience than Birmingham City's keeper.
Is playing for the worst side in the division where he’s going to ship a lot of goals between now and the end of the season really going to be beneficial for his development or is it just going to crush his confidence? Some of our fans are already on his back after 1 mistake last night, imagine the abuse that will come his way after the inevitable thrashings the likes of Oxford, Rotherham, Sunderland, Ipswich, etc are going to hand to us. This isn’t a good situation to be giving experience to an 18 year old goalkeeper who isn’t ready for the Football League.

Is playing for the worst side in the division where he’s going to ship a lot of goals between now and the end of the season really going to be beneficial for his development or is it just going to crush his confidence? Some of our fans are already on his back after 1 mistake last night, imagine the abuse that will come his way after the inevitable thrashings the likes of Oxford, Rotherham, Sunderland, Ipswich, etc are going to hand to us. This isn’t a good situation to be giving experience to an 18 year old goalkeeper who isn’t ready for the Football League.
Well he didn't look out of place last night. Granted he wasn't under that much pressure, but he looked assured and confident. The vast majority of supporters will be supportive. Dan Bentley wasn't great when he started, but look at what the benefit of games did for him eventually.

CP has interviewed SC again today. Some interesting comments on his twitter page but nothing we couldn't have guessed. Apart from, we may be able to get in a keeper......if we can find one!

Chris Phillips

@CJPhillips1982

·
5h

Sol: "We’re looking for a goalkeeper but it’s not easy. We can get round the rules and get a keeper in but any other situation we wouldn’t be able to get anyone in."

NO ONE, let me repeat that NO ONE, is on his back.

Many have pointed out he made a mistake that isn’t getting on his back, it’s pointing out a fact -it’s not the same thing.

I heard nothing but support from the stands last night

To be honest the only reason to bring in a loan goalkeeper is to protect the confidence of the young lads (Seaden and Taylor). We’re long gone in terms of survival, anyone coming in is going to make bugger all difference now....

The only question is whether the young lads (Seaden in particular presumably) can handle it, step up and learn from the mistakes he will inevitably make as he is finding his feet. And if that happens the fans need to back him regardless.

Well he didn't look out of place last night. Granted he wasn't under that much pressure, but he looked assured and confident. The vast majority of supporters will be supportive. Dan Bentley wasn't great when he started, but look at what the benefit of games did for him eventually.

Games playing in a winning team with a decent, settled defence in front of him and a very experience goalkeeper on the bench to offer support and advice.

FWIW I think playing Seadon is a gamble some will be prepared to make and others won't.

Back