• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emergency stopper?

jumbo shrimp

I haven't seen either of Bart's performances but a couple of things concern me.

Firstly he's been rushed back from injury and is liable to aggreviate the existing hip problem. In addition to this, we don't have any cover, should he get injured.

The final point may sound ridiculous, given he's come in and kept two clean sheets, but from what I've read it sounds he's made a few mistakes and been lucky to get away with them.

So, even though we're restricted by the transfer window, should Tilly get emergency cover/replacement for Bart or just rely on Bart's form improving/hip holding out/an outfield player coming on and "doing a Bramble"?

two clean sheets, say no more.if bart gets injured again thats a different kettle of fish but if this were to occur it would only effect potentially a game at the most- tilly would be able to cover quite easily if they would be guaranteed first team football and with darrel out, i wouldnt foresee a problem with that

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jumbo shrimp @ Nov. 08 2005,12:22)]I haven't seen either of Bart's performances but a couple of things concern me.

Firstly he's been rushed back from injury and is liable to aggreviate the existing hip problem. In addition to this, we don't have any cover, should he get injured.

The final point may sound ridiculous, given he's come in and kept two clean sheets, but from what I've read it sounds he's made a few mistakes and been lucky to get away with them.

So, even though we're restricted by the transfer window, should Tilly get emergency cover/replacement for Bart or just rely on Bart's form improving/hip holding out/an outfield player coming on and "doing a Bramble"?
We are not restricted by the transfer window. A loan keeper could be procured if we wanted to. Grays second choice keeper (Ashley Bayes) would do a job if we wanted something on the cheap.

We had a similar situation last year with Bart injured and Darryl suspended Ryan Clarke of Bristol Rovers came in on loan, and against Swansea if i remember.

Flavs - P 17, CS 2
Bart - P 2, CS 2

Bart > Flavs.

laugh.gif

Bart concerned me a bit on Saturday when he almost chucked one into his own net, but this may be a lack of match practice.

I think we should sign some temporary cover though as that youth team keeper didn't look much cop in the Grays ESC game....
wow.gif

I don't really want to see us putting outfield players in goal.

It usually leads to disaster....
tounge.gif

Bart had an shocker against Barnet. The things he is supposed to be good at like coming from crosses he was terrible. How we kept a clean sheet I don't know! It certainly wasn't thanks to him. I'm not trying to stir or go fishing but the quicker Flavs gets back the better.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lucas D @ Nov. 08 2005,14:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Nov. 08 2005,14:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lucas D @ Nov. 08 2005,14:05)]are you forgetting that Bently can also play in Goal, apparantly he is pretty good.
And you are forgetting that he is injured,
No he isnt.
Oh yes he is.
Why do you think he has missed the last two games?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Nov. 08 2005,14:18)]Bart had an shocker against Barnet. The things he is supposed to be good at like coming from crosses he was terrible. How we kept a clean sheet I don't know! It certainly wasn't thanks to him. I'm not trying to stir or go fishing but the quicker Flavs gets back the better.
Not fishing either, however I'm surprised nothing has been said about his Barnet game till now!

He had an absolute shocker. On the last two performance's he isn't even good enough to be our second choice goalkeeper.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Nov. 08 2005,15:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Flying Scotsman @ Nov. 08 2005,14:18)]Bart had an shocker against Barnet. The things he is supposed to be good at like coming from crosses he was terrible. How we kept a clean sheet I don't know! It certainly wasn't thanks to him. I'm not trying to stir or go fishing but the quicker Flavs gets back the better.
Not fishing either, however I'm surprised nothing has been said about his Barnet game till now!

He had an absolute shocker.  On the last two performance's he isn't even good enough to be our second choice goalkeeper.
Yet he kept 2 clean sheets.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ Nov. 08 2005,15:22)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Nov. 08 2005,15:21)]
[b said:

He had an absolute shocker.  On the last two performance's he isn't even good enough to be our second choice goalkeeper.
Yet he kept 2 clean sheets.
More by luck than judgement though. He had Barrett and poor finishing to thank for his clean sheet on Saturday...

Back