• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emile Acquah

When we play Maidenhead, PB should instruct out defenders to stay close and make him think all the time, his feet won't have time to react to what he is thinking and he'll be one returning player that won't score against us.

Sorry, too slow in thought, anticipation and reaction, still think he will struggle at this level, let alone EFL as he did.

Last edited:
I know EA splits opinions like Brexit but I for one think he has real potential and we maybe would have been wiser to keep the lad on.

Hope he does well.

Whether you rate him or not, I have always been staggered at the level of vitriol aimed towards him, given he is a Southend boy who went to school in the town. I wish him all the best, thrown into a horrible situation last season way too young.

Whether you rate him or not, I have always been staggered at the level of vitriol aimed towards him, given he is a Southend boy who went to school in the town. I wish him all the best, thrown into a horrible situation last season way too young.

I agree. It did seem to be a bit OTT for such a young player who was thrown in at the deep end when he clearly wasn't ready yet.

Vitriol? Nowone was even there last season. A few frustrated people on the internet, he got off lightly imo.

He wasnt good enough for l2. In a season where we were fighting for survival he didnt have the goods.

Not his fault, imo **** poor management and financial mismanagement led to him being put in a situation he should never have been in.

I wish him all the best.

Last edited:
Vitriol? Nowone was even there last season. A few frustrated people on the internet, he got off lightly imo.

He wasnt good enough for l2. In a season where we were fighting for survival he didnt have the goods.

Not his fault, imo **** poor management and financial mismanagement led to him being put in a situation he should never have been in.

I wish him all the best.

You make some good points in your post but this bit lets it down.

You make some good points in your post but this bit lets it down.
Was more in reference to not being in front of a home crowd all season.

Im getting older and more grumpy tbh. I sort of think if you cant take the heat of a public eye job then dont do it. Not saying thats right. But seems like every other persons a nasty keyboard warrior these days, its not going to change sadly.

I do wonder what they've been watching to think 'yeah, I'd really like to sign him'. I know some people for some reason rate him but in the real world he's totally and utterly useless. It's actually a shame because he's huge and if he knew how to use his height and his weight he could turn into a good player. That being said, you can't be taught to put the effort in, his lazy trot just infuriated me.

I do wonder what they've been watching to think 'yeah, I'd really like to sign him'. I know some people for some reason rate him but in the real world he's totally and utterly useless. It's actually a shame because he's huge and if he knew how to use his height and his weight he could turn into a good player. That being said, you can't be taught to put the effort in, his lazy trot just infuriated me.

It's amazing how people think their opinion is fact.

Well, Alan Devonshire is no mug when it comes to developing young players, particularly strikers. He clearly believes that Emile Acquah has some potential. It will be interesting to see if Acquah turns out to be a much better player than many people believe he is.

Bit harsh on the poster, hes only saying his opinion like we all do?
I think the poster can stand up for himself then. After all, he has just described a young player who scored a huge amount of goals as a schoolboy and youth as 'totally and utterly useless '. He has also just been signed by a decent National League club. Fair enough to challenge that assessment I would say.

Back