• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emile Acquah

I think the poster can stand up for himself then. After all, he has just described a young player who scored a huge amount of goals as a schoolboy and youth as 'totally and utterly useless '. He has also just been signed by a decent National League club. Fair enough to challenge that assessment I would say.
Still just his opinion though, and im sure he can stand up for himself.

He was pretty useless, most of them were, thats a large reason why we are non league.

More than likely his first goal of his 25 goals his gonna get this season :Hilarious:
He always seemed to have something instinctive about him, I remember him hitting the bar with an instinctive turn and shot against Oldham, he just never did it often enough. Maybe it was the supply into him but he is running out of time to rely on potential

He turned 21 a month ago!

These fans writing off players or thinking they should be the finished article at an age when they were probably only just last the ‘making the tea’ stage in their first proper job, still living at home and just about realising their first love isn’t the one they’ll marry ???

I hope Emile succeeds at Maidenhead. He has masses of potential but for whatever reason does not justify a regular striker position with Southend. If Southend are serious about bouncing straight back into league football then we need a proven goal machine at this level up front.

I hope Emile succeeds at Maidenhead. He has masses of potential but for whatever reason does not justify a regular striker position with Southend. If Southend are serious about bouncing straight back into league football then we need a proven goal machine at this level up front.
we've got him - Rhys Murphy. What we need is someone alongside him to do the dirty work to keep the ball up top, create chances etc

Good luck to the lad ,I hope he goes onto have a very good career in football ,So many here slagged him off love to see him succeed and shut each and everyone of you the put him down up .Hes a big unit and big units like him take time to reach their potential,seemed to me most of you expected him just to blossom at such a young age .

Good luck to the lad ,I hope he goes onto have a very good career in football ,So many here slagged him off love to see him succeed and shut each and everyone of you the put him down up .Hes a big unit and big units like him take time to reach their potential,seemed to me most of you expected him just to blossom at such a young age .
Not at all but he had no talent. I understand and can agree that he was overly slated but let’s not kid ourselves, he was dreadful and I would be flabbergasted if he becomes anywhere near a football league quality striker.

Not at all but he had no talent. I understand and can agree that he was overly slated but let’s not kid ourselves, he was dreadful and I would be flabbergasted if he becomes anywhere near a football league quality striker.
Correct….the most inept player I have ever seen at Southend alongside of course the worst manager in history….Mr. Mark Molesley…..wow he was clueless!

Correct….the most inept player I have ever seen at Southend alongside of course the worst manager in history….Mr. Mark Molesley…..wow he was clueless!
Bit harsh. Molesley knew how to defend for 90 minutes.

He always seemed to have something instinctive about him, I remember him hitting the bar with an instinctive turn and shot against Oldham, he just never did it often enough. Maybe it was the supply into him but he is running out of time to rely on potential
I honestly wonder if its me or other people.

Acquah wasnt brilliant at what we asked of him . Which was more often than not to play a lone role up front in a very poor team lacking confidence. The service he got was pitiful and the way he was isolated made him look poor. He's not the quickest. He's not the most tenacious + wont run around sprinting the channels or chasing lost causes harrassing the defence. He was very raw and so the brain was a touch slow reacting and anticipating. He also lacked that bit of Nastiness that young Rush does have in him.

BUT if we had played him in a front 2 alongside a speedy finisher , with dynamic traditional wingers , he is excellent at holding the ball up ( with feet, chest or head ) + given confidence has a proper powerful shot on him. I think i took a bit of micky taking on here by calling Emile " Velcro foot" a few times last season , as very much like the quality Akinola , Acquah does have a very good 1st touch. He's only a kid so i wish him well .

Back