• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emile Acquah

Why, oh why, do so many posters want to bang on about the poor sod. He has gone never to return, so maybe time for everyone to let it go, and not just apologists. I'm sure there will be a tasty scapecoat or three for folk to get stuck into from our current ranks before the season is too much older.

Absolutely - the best example of how our expectations have slipped to the level we find ourselves at. This is the worst centre forward we’ve had from the past 50 years both in terms of stats and our own eyes yet we still have people backing him. Let it go donkey apologists.
I’m not sure if you’re a Goodship apologist or a Halford apologist but he wasn’t even the worst forward in last year’s squad.

Absolutely - the best example of how our expectations have slipped to the level we find ourselves at. This is the worst centre forward we’ve had from the past 50 years both in terms of stats and our own eyes yet we still have people backing him. Let it go donkey apologists.
Richard Young.

Richard Young.
Tough call - he only played for us 5 times and at least we got some money for him at the end of the season.

I’d been out for the day when I wrote the above post and it’s a bit harsh on Emile who I’m sure is a lovely lad - obviously we all wish him well. (Plus if we’re talking “crap centre forwards who don’t score” from the past 50 years, Drewe Broughton and Graeme Jones have to be in with a shout too.)

Mario Walsh! We paid good money AND Red Card Roy for him, and he (MW) wasn't good enough to get a "poor" rating.
Ricketts........?..
Billy Paynter didn't inspire hope.
And others just didn't work at the time for us but were fair players like Harrold.

Mario Walsh! We paid good money AND Red Card Roy for him, and he (MW) wasn't good enough to get a "poor" rating.
Ricketts........?..
Billy Paynter didn't inspire hope.
And others just didn't work at the time for us but were fair players like Harrold.
given the caeer Billy Paynter had, I think that one might be our fault

There is a reasonable chance that there are threads in Ex Shrimpers for all these forwards of repute. So lets keep this thread for Emile Acquah. Thanks all.

I think one of the major problems for Aquah was playing at centre forward.
Apart from keeper, it's an unforgiving slot.
You score; you're a hero; you miss most of the time: you're a donkey. Neither sometimes measure a player's worth.
I doubt whether too many defensive midfielders, for example, get the same scrutiny.
BUT there are things that stand out in a potentially talented player in a good, poor or indifferent side. For starters, heading; speed; and control.
I never saw much of these from Emile, and I watched 39 games last season.
Frankly, I don't care if he makes it with Maidenhead: he's no longer a Blue.

Back