• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emile Acquah

Scored the first Saturday as Maidenhead pulled off an impressive 3-2 victory v Scunthorpe.They were 3-0 up by half-time.

Notched his third of the season in first half injury time as Maidenhead beat Torquay 3-2.

It was also the first of three(!) goals in first half injury time. They apparently played 12 minutes of injury time after someone was stretchered off.

Notched his third of the season in first half injury time as Maidenhead beat Torquay 3-2.

It was also the first of three(!) goals in first half injury time. They apparently played 12 minutes of injury time after someone was stretchered off.
Acquah now has 3 this season—same as our leading scorer.,who only ever gets a few minutes off the bench now—that must be because we’ve beeen scoring shedloads of goals without him ???

Acquah now has 3 this season—same as our leading scorer.,who only ever gets a few minutes off the bench now—that must be because we’ve beeen scoring shedloads of goals without him ???
Joint top scorer, Dackers has 3 as well. We're scoring less without him but we're also conceding less, Powell is good going forwards but doesn't do much defensively which is probably what Maher wants him to improve on.

Joint top scorer, Dackers has 3 as well. We're scoring less without him but we're also conceding less, Powell is good going forwards but doesn't do much defensively which is probably what Maher wants him to improve on.
I doubt it. I suspect KM wants him to improve his decision making and finishing. He may be top scorer, but if he had scored half the chances he had we would probably be in a play off place by now.

That's not to say I don't like him, I do. I just think there are obvious areas he could work on, and defence isn't one of them, especially given his size.

I doubt it. I suspect KM wants him to improve his decision making and finishing. He may be top scorer, but if he had scored half the chances he had we would probably be in a play off place by now.

That's not to say I don't like him, I do. I just think there are obvious areas he could work on, and defence isn't one of them, especially given his size.
I was referring to scoring goals ,creating goal scoring opportunities not incidental defensive benefits but since you mentioned it :Dackers yes is valuable with his height for defending set- pieces but Powell ,with his boundless energy ,actually helps defend more than the likes of Hyde,Wreh,Cosgrave and Mooney.

I was referring to scoring goals ,creating goal scoring opportunities not incidental defensive benefits but since you mentioned it :Dackers yes is valuable with his height for defending set- pieces but Powell ,with his boundless energy ,actually helps defend more than the likes of Hyde,Wreh,Cosgrave and Mooney.
It does help yes but you could argue holding the ball up is also a form of defence simply because the other team don't have the ball. We've useless at that the passed few games I've seen. To be fair to the lad he said just because he's tall, that doesn't mean that's his game. He's very lightweight and needs to fill out, currently he'll win some lose headers but that's about it as part of his game.

On Tuesday I don't think he did much apart from score a very well taken goal on the volley.

That’s fine until Powell loses it or shoots wide so the other team then have a goal kick. He’s just got glory in mind to me, admirable in a way but needs channeling and he needs to make better decisions.

Good to see Acquah doing well at Maidenhead after some of the stick he got on here and the reception he got at the Hall which was a bit out of order.

That’s fine until Powell loses it or shoots wide so the other team then have a goal kick. He’s just got glory in mind to me, admirable in a way but needs channeling and he needs to make better decisions.
I guess the difference to me is that powell creating chances and missing them is more exciting to watch than people passing and or under/over hit crosses with no shot at the end of it.

I guess the difference to me is that powell creating chances and missing them is more exciting to watch than people passing and or under/over hit crosses with no shot at the end of it.
Oh yeah, I see that point. It’s fun to watch.

I watched Maidenhead today as they had Eastbourne Borough in the FA Cup.

Three ex Shrimpers on show….I’ve posted on the Emile Acquah thread as he was by far and away the most impressive of the three.

He worked hard throughout. He moved well, used his body well and in general his link up play was the stand out performer on the pitch. He looks like he’s really learned his trade a little and everything good Maidenhead did went through him or involved him.

Ashley Nathaniel-George was a constant threat. Maidenhead play into Emile and off to their wingers. ANG did ok, but if I’m honest looked a little heavy and looks like only training part time hasn’t helped him.

Sam Barrett was a big disappointment. He looked way off fitness and I think he may have had an injury disrupted season so far. He lacked pace and really struggled in his 1v1 situations which disappointed me the most.

Well done to Emile though. Pleased for him after how his time at Southend went. He’s still only 22 and may get another crack at it.

Eastbourne’s goal was scored by Isaac Hutchinson’s younger brother Jake, who is on loan from Colchester.

Last edited:
I watched Maidenhead today as they had Eastbourne Borough in the FA Cup.

Three ex Shrimpers on show….I’ve posted on the Emile Acquah thread as he was by far and away the most impressive of the three.

He worked hard throughout. He moved well, used his body well and in general his link up play was the stand out performer on the pitch. He looks like he’s really learned his trade a little and everything good Maidenhead did went through him or involved him.

Ashley Nathaniel-George was a constant threat. Maidenhead play into Emile and off to their wingers. ANG did ok, but if I’m honest looked a little heavy and looks like only training part time hasn’t helped him.

Sam Barrett was a big disappointment. He looked way off fitness and I think he may have had an injury disrupted season so far. He lacked pace and really struggled in his 1v1 situations which disappointed me the most.

Well done to Emile though. Pleased for him after how his time at Southend went. He’s still only 22 and may get another crack at it.

Eastbourne’s goal was scored by Isaac Hutchinson’s younger brother Jake, who is on loan from Colchester.

always had great feet ..... just needed to learn the game a bit ...

Back