• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emma Raducanu US Open final Thread

blueblueblue

Striker
Seeing as a lot of us will be watching the final tonight, I thought I'd start a thread.

I've watched all her games in the US open (not the qualifying rounds) and I have to say, I new this girl would go a long way. I was also impressed with her at Wimbledon.

Fantastic match and Raducanu was a deserved winner. Had to play 3 qualifying rounds and didn't drop a set in the whole tournament. The final was a great spectacle for women's tennis

Fantastic match and Raducanu was a deserved winner. Had to play 3 qualifying rounds and didn't drop a set in the whole tournament. The final was a great spectacle for women's tennis

totally bonkers, what's just happened.We can live to 200 hundred years old and you'd never see that again......

Though, Emma will be a grand slam winner for the next 10 years if she stays fit.

I honestly can't beleive what I've just seen......

totally bonkers, what's just happened.We can live to 200 hundred years old and you'd never see that again......

Though, Emma will be a grand slam winner for the next 10 years if she stays fit.

I kept expecting her to do the British thing and throw it away but she didn't. Some of the shots played by both players were amazing.

When she got to the 4th round at Wimbledon this year, I knew she would be a grand slam winner one day but never ever thought it would be this soon.

She's 18, just finished her A levels and now she's thy US Open champion. Utterly bonkers

I kept expecting her to do the British thing and throw it away but she didn't. Some of the shots played by both players were amazing.

When she got to the 4th round at Wimbledon this year, I knew she would be a grand slam winner one day but never ever thought it would be this soon.

She's 18, just finished her A levels and now she's thy US Open champion. Utterly bonkers

2.5 Million, not bad for 6 weeks work........ This girl is a class act...... So proud as a Brit for her. She will win so many Slams that's for sure.

Surely she will be a Grand Slam winner for the rest of her life ? ?

Gutted at the 4am start for me.

Delighted to see the result when I woke up.

Disgusted with the bigots already. Great Britain is great because of the way it has evolved. Roman, Viking and Norman invasions.

William of Orange and even our own current Royal families ancestry

The descendants of the east end sweatshops and the descendent of immigrants (and in some cases slaves) in Liverpool and Cardiff. The descendants of those from the West Indies after the war in the main all regards themselves as proudly British. It’s what makes Britain great whether you are English, Welsh, Scottish or N Irish.

it’s not as if we’re talking about Zola Budd here who was miraculously British for a comparative heartbeat

What she has just done is nothing short of phenomenal and needs to be embraced and cherished.

Disgusted with the bigots already. Great Britain is great because of the way it has evolved. Roman, Viking and Norman invasions.

The descendants of the east end sweatshops and the descendent of immigrants (and in some cases slaves) in Liverpool and Cardiff. The descendants of those from the West Indies after the war in the main all regards themselves as proudly British. It’s what makes Britain great whether you are English, Welsh, Scottish or N Irish.

it’s not as if we’re talking about Zola Budd here who was miraculously British for a comparative heartbeat

What she has just done is nothing short of phenomenal and needs to be embraced and cherished.

Moved to the UK when she was 2. The bigots have nothing to bitch about but of course bigots don't go on facts.

1/6 to be sports personality of the year. I think it's a given, she is the golden girl of sport. In fact the golden girl of the UK.

Just taking her win in context, it's the same as my son winning it. He's 18 a know I know he would not anywhere near eloquent and composed being interviewed after the event as Emma was. She truly is a superstar

After our result, I needed something to cheer me up! WOW Emma? , you are amazing! Fantastic Performance. A winner plus 2.5 Million USD.
COYB,UTB IT CAN BE DONE, ???

Moved to the UK when she was 2. The bigots have nothing to bitch about but of course bigots don't go on facts.

1/6 to be sports personality of the year. I think it's a given, she is the golden girl of sport. In fact the golden girl of the UK.

Just taking her win in context, it's the same as my son winning it. He's 18 a know I know he would not anywhere near eloquent and composed being interviewed after the event as Emma was. She truly is a superstar

It's the morning after and I'm still in shock.

Emma's life has changed overnight.

As for the bigots, Emma is a British Citizen and has been for 16 years......

WELL DONE GIRL, THE UK ARE VERY PROUD OF YOU.

Blimey there's a drive around the block Romans to Zola,can't we just say a massive well done to this young lady from Bromley UK. ??

If she doesn't win Sports Personality of the Year they may as well scrap it, I don't think someone will do what she's done for another century at least.
Very hard to say that though in an Olympic year. How often during an Olympic year has a non Olympic sports person won the award?

A fantastic achievement and would be well deserved winner of sports personality. Some tough competition for it this year.

Very hard to say that though in an Olympic year. How often during an Olympic year has a non Olympic sports person won the award?

A fantastic achievement and would be well deserved winner of sports personality. Some tough competition for it this year.

That's a fair point.......

I think she'll win in though because of her achievements are so extraordinary. Is it the public who vote or sports personalities? I'm not sure.

That's a fair point.......

I think she'll win in though because of her achievements are so extraordinary. Is it the public who vote or sports personalities? I'm not sure.
Public votes, but think about how many people watched the Olympics over Tennis that isn’t Wimbledon.

Similar age to my son - and I thought the same thing! I guess she's been getting media training for a little while????

Back