• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emma Raducanu US Open final Thread

Had we won it that would’ve been the hardest decision to make with what a great year for sport outside of Southend United it’s been.

I was going to say the same thing. 3rd in the Olympics medal table, 2nd in the Paralympics, England reaching the final of the Euro's and now Emma.... We certainly hold our own on the global stage where sport is concerned.

Similar age to my son - and I thought the same thing! I guess she's been getting media training for a little while????

I guess so.

She's a credit to her parents, she's very humble and intelligent young lady. It's as if she was born for this...... Her interviews really stick out for me, I can't believe she's only 18.

2.5 Million, not bad for 6 weeks work........ This girl is a class act...... So proud as a Brit for her. She will win so many Slams that's for sure.

You mean not bad for 12 years work.

Don't forget it's only (!) £1.8m.

Through to the second round of Wimbledon, wasn't great but had a home crowd and got through.

Through to the second round of Wimbledon, wasn't great but had a home crowd and got through.
Watched it. Decent game, answered all the questions her opponent gave her. First game on centre so bound to have some nerves. She'll grow in confidence.

Last edited:
Watched it. Decent game, answered all the questions her opponent gave her. First game on centre get bound to have some nerves. She'll grow in confidence.

She looked a lot better since the NY Open, she really has been poor. Fingers crossed she'll find some form.

She looked a lot better since the NY Open, she really has been poor. Fingers crossed she'll find some form.
Still confuses me why you would sack your coach off after a win?

Different training regimes, different fitness regimes, different work load etc, could be the reason to injuries as well as being unlucky.

Still confuses me why you would sack your coach off after a win?

Different training regimes, different fitness regimes, different work load etc, could be the reason to injuries as well as being unlucky.

I'm with you on that....... It didn't make any sense.....

I'm with you on that....... It didn't make any sense.....
Keep in mind he'd been her coach for less than 2 months and he was on a short term contract. He was basically the equivalent of an interim manager in football that she had hired until she could find a more experienced coach.

Sometimes when interim managers overachieve they do get the job full time but at the same time it's unlikely that a few weeks of coaching from a new coach is going to magically change how you play so I can see why she still wanted a different coach. Maybe she should have gone back to Nigel Sears though, he was her coach before that.

Didn't expect ER to win that. Her opponent was a decent player, but after a slow start she definitely picked it up. I don't know her draw, but unless she comes across another seeded player I can see her making the second week at least.

Back