• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emmanuel Osadebe and Theo Vassell unable to be registered due to EFL Embargo?

Hopefully not!

Agree. However, does this sound far-fetched...

Post-match reviews;

Game 1: they show some good signs, but need to settle in

Game 2: not sure what he was thinking for that mistake, but hopefully he’ll come good

Game 3: these aren’t the players we thought they would be

Game 4: rubbish, non-league level at best, they can both sling their hooks, and take Sol with them whilst they’re at it.

Slightly pessimistic I know, but at the end of the day, this isn’t my first rodeo.

Neither of these two have made the grade yet, not even at L2 level. Assuming they do eventually join, let us hope they vindicate Campbell's faith in them. However, both were summer signings at Macclesfield so he only worked with them for a few weeks and only a couple of league games before he left. This will be his sole responsibility if they succeed or fail.

Game 2: not sure what he was thinking for that mistake, but hopefully he’ll come good

Game 4: rubbish, non-league level at best, they can both sling their hooks, and take Sol with them whilst they’re at it.
The above conversation can happen over a course of 4 minutes where I sit!

587b4dd044060909aa603a6a.png

Neither of these two have made the grade yet, not even at L2 level. Assuming they do eventually join, let us hope they vindicate Campbell's faith in them. However, both were summer signings at Macclesfield so he only worked with them for a few weeks and only a couple of league games before he left. This will be his sole responsibility if they succeed or fail.

And you'll be waiting gleefully if they fail.

Who were the players that Sol turned down this January in order to sign these 2 then?

These poor sods haven't even signed for us yet (and may not if the EFL give us a hard time), but even for ShrimperZone, some of the comments are about as depressive as can be and maybe we ought to employ a physcologist counsellor on the Zone to help lift the mood.

They haven't even signed yet so let's give them a chance if they do - can't believe they are already being written off. Let's face it, in our position players aren't going to be queuing up to join.

True but it is mixing two problems. Many of the clubs (in fact most) that miss some payments are running average or less than average player budgets. They are trying to survive in a financial climate that the EFL are in no small part responsible for.

So, dependent on the scenario that applies to the club they are penalising, more often than not the EFL will simply make worse an already challenging financial situation. Of course if the EFL somehow forced all EFL clubs to live within their means, when 90% don't, then playing budgets will be decimated. No doubt the PFA would become very excited at that prospect.

So it will be very interesting to see how the EFL work out who is being reckless in the pursuit of promotion, and signing players with the likelihood or intent of not paying them if success does not follow, verses the clubs who are honestly trying to pay their way and their staff but finding it tough (maybe on a temporary basis).

EFL's track record in being able to make such determinations in a fair and transparent manner is I would suggest pretty shocking.

It will also be interesting to see, if this applied ruthlessly, how well it goes down with the fans when relegation and promotion is as much decided by who the EFL chooses to dock points and how many, as performance on the pitch.

FWIW I expect a giant fudge, loads of words and little or no action..

Spot on.

The EFL are morons.

They f***ed the Os, they f***ed Bury and they are quite capable of f***ing us with no comeback.

If they had worked with him longer I doubt that they would be coming to us.

Im going to both the Peterborough and Coventry game. What are the chances of either of these being in the squad for one or both of those games?

Agree. However, does this sound far-fetched...

Post-match reviews;

Slightly pessimistic I know, but at the end of the day, this isn’t my first rodeo.

Alternatively

game one- we are amazed at how good they are as they spot in seamlessly, we win and the hall is bouncing

Game two- both injured , out for rest of season

I was trying to think of a positive scenario, but it seemed too far fetched

Alternatively

game one- we are amazed at how good they are as they spot in seamlessly, we win and the hall is bouncing

Game two- both injured , out for rest of season

I was trying to think of a positive scenario, but it seemed too far fetched

Oddly, I’d forgotten about our injury curse.

Nailed on now, isn’t it.

Back