• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emmanuel Osadebe and Theo Vassell unable to be registered due to EFL Embargo?

No they haven’t signed ... where does it say anything about them signing and clearance ?

And it'll be the agents' fault if this drags on past the deadline for them to be available for Tuesday and definitely not that the League haven't lifted the embargo yet.

SOUTHEND United chairman Ron Martin has revealed terms have been agreed with ex Macclesfield Town duo Theo Vassell and Emmanuel Osadebe.

More...

Terms agreed=He has sorted things with the EFL.

Does he think we are all stupid?

It'll work though.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they're setting up a trestle table on the pitch so they can sign before the game and quell the discontent against Ron.

It'll work though.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they're setting up a trestle table on the pitch so they can sign before the game and quell the discontent against Ron.

They will need a snooker table with guide ropes tomorrow.....Though the excuse could be that the contracts blew away just as they were about to sign.

Ron's Statement in full on the OS

Player and general update from the Chairman

Within the last hour we have now, finally, agreed terms (other than agents Fees) in regard to both of Sol’s primary targets.

The players started training with the squad shortly after winning the tribunal, brought by the PFA, after which they became “free agents”.

1.jpg

Therefore, this period of training has, very helpfully, underpinned the club’s due diligence. We will now work on formalising those terms ASAP.

2.jpg

Whilst 4-0 sounds like a resounding defeat against Peterborough the truth is the team, including many Academy players, did incredibly well… particularly in the first half. Had Mark Milligan’s shot gone in, rather than hit the post, the outcome could have been very different.

On the night our supporters were truly different class. Whilst only some 240 made the trip they out sang and out drummed Peterborough from the first whistle to the last, brilliant… thank you.

I have had a few emails about Nile Ranger following his tweet to “play for nothing”! Nile stays in touch and had met Sol in January. He is therefore on Sol’s radar but for the moment that is as far as it has gone.

Finally, I read some criticism of me in respect of the stadium plans… give me a break! Does anyone really think we are not “on it”. It takes two to tango and this week at a meeting with officers of the council I encouraged them to quick step… the council remain supportive.

I will keep supporters informed.

Link to Statement

More importantly I wonder if he has told Sol?

Also I note that he has not said the EFL removed the Embargo and the two players have been registered to play Saturday?

Finally no mention of the EFL charge for misconduct and being referred to the Disciplinary Commission for failing to adhere to the terms of the players contracts for late payment of players wages?

They almost definitely haven't actually signed yet, certainly politician words 'terms agreed' .
It would seem that we are still unable to add to our depleted squad.

Last edited:
I am sure I read that both players are free agents, so why is Ron going to pay fees? :Smile:
Might it be for work that the agents did in getting Macc contracts annulled? just a suggestion as it is a possible, especially if Ron/Sol had pre-emptied it happening on a handshake deal?

Might it be for work that the agents did in getting Macc contracts annulled? just a suggestion as it is a possible, especially if Ron/Sol had pre-emptied it happening on a handshake deal?

More likely the agent says "Give me £50 grand or my mate( client) won't sign for you"!

Back