• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emmanuel Osadebe and Theo Vassell unable to be registered due to EFL Embargo?

Really looking forward to the pre-season friendly team sheets already.

1/ Trialist
2/ Trialist
3/ Trialist
4/ Trialist
5/ Trialist
6/ Trialist
7/ Trialist
8/ Trialist
9/ Trialist
10/ Trialist
11/ Trialist
12/ Trialist
13/ Trialist
14/ Trialist
15/ Trialist
16/ Trialist

It sounds to me like Ron is doing his usual thing of refusing to pay the players' agents fees. Frankly, why should he? The players should pay that.

Of course agents get paid on handling the negotiations- it doesn't matter if they are out of contract, on a free or if there is a transfer fee. They never represent the player and never work for free. If they didn't get their fees agreed first then they aren't very good agents.

They will negotiate a fee from the club (probably in this case arguing for an additional fee stating "you would have had to pay a fee if I hadn't got them out of their contract so I will have a cut of that please"- maybe this element is slowing it down). And then an ongoing retainer of some sort from the player (% of salary or something I imagine). Shame we haven't got an ex or current agent on here to shed some light?

We don't know we are under an embargo of any description- it just rumoured/assumed/taken for granted. Why would Ron comment on something that either doesn't exist or that both the EFL and club won't comment on. Surely no surprise whatsoever. in fact the surprise is that anyone is surprised.

The EFL disciplinary may well have been and gone. If our offence was the non-payment of some players in Dec and they were all paid before Jan payroll then Jan payroll happened without issue then our offence is at the low end of the scale- and something numerous EFL clubs have been guilty of or worse. As much as some may hope for something more than a slap on the wrist and a warning or what could happen if it happens again, this would likely have been or be the outcome.

It sounds to me like Ron is doing his usual thing of refusing to pay the players' agents fees. Frankly, why should he? The players should pay that.

Certainly at Premiership/Championship level if a player is moving on a free both the agent and the player look to get a fat fee arguing the clubs are avoiding the fee and hence should compensate them. Often why both players and agents like to run down their contract.

Of course agents get paid on handling the negotiations- it doesn't matter if they are out of contract, on a free or if there is a transfer fee. They never represent the player and never work for free. If they didn't get their fees agreed first then they aren't very good agents.

They will negotiate a fee from the club (probably in this case arguing for an additional fee stating "you would have had to pay a fee if I hadn't got them out of their contract so I will have a cut of that please"- maybe this element is slowing it down). And then an ongoing retainer of some sort from the player (% of salary or something I imagine). Shame we haven't got an ex or current agent on here to shed some light?

We don't know we are under an embargo of any description- it just rumoured/assumed/taken for granted. Why would Ron comment on something that either doesn't exist or that both the EFL and club won't comment on. Surely no surprise whatsoever. in fact the surprise is that anyone is surprised.

The EFL disciplinary may well have been and gone. If our offence was the non-payment of some players in Dec and they were all paid before Jan payroll then Jan payroll happened without issue then our offence is at the low end of the scale- and something numerous EFL clubs have been guilty of or worse. As much as some may hope for something more than a slap on the wrist and a warning or what could happen if it happens again, this would likely have been or be the outcome.
Are you suggesting some of our own supporters want that as an outcome ?

If the players had to pay the agents fee then they'd just request a bigger signing bonus so that the player could pay the agent what they're owed, it's far easier for the club to pay them directly.

Are you suggesting some of our own supporters want that as an outcome ?

I do have a suspicion there are a minority (and I say minority) who would not be entirely adverse to the idea that things might need to get much worse to precipitate the changes they desire- whether that would be Ron out, Sol out or whatever. I kind of try to rationalise to myself why they would be so keen to see Ron fail, or Sol fail or whoever else might at the time be in the cross hairs..

Just a thought. Sure I am wrong.

I do have a suspicion there are a minority (and I say minority) who would not be entirely adverse to the idea that things might need to get much worse to precipitate the changes they desire- whether that would be Ron out, Sol out or whatever. I kind of try to rationalise to myself why they would be so keen to see Ron fail, or Sol fail or whoever else might at the time be in the cross hairs..

Just a thought. Sure I am wrong.

Personally, I don't have have any time at all for the Chairman and not a lot for Sol but I don't want the club to fold.

Really looking forward to the pre-season friendly team sheets already.

1/ Trialist
2/ Trialist
3/ Trialist
4/ Trialist
5/ Trialist
6/ Trialist
7/ Trialist
8/ Trialist
9/ Trialist
10/ Trialist
11/ Trialist
12/ Trialist
13/ Trialist
14/ Trialist
15/ Trialist
16/ Trialist

I think your being very optimistic if you think we are going to attract that many trialist

Back