• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emmanuel Osadebe and Theo Vassell unable to be registered due to EFL Embargo?

Have they been seen leaving boots & laces carrying bags marked “ cash payment upfront” ??? If they do sign then it will be because of Sol and despite Teflon Ron

Thanks for that considered, insightful and evidence-based opinion!
You’re welcome and I don’t really think there’s a counter argument do you ?
If they sign then it’s obvious they trust Sol having worked with him before and if you were considering signing for a chairman that’s paid wages late several times and is in court on a regular basis for late payment of VAT you would have serious concerns would you not ?

You’re welcome and I don’t really think there’s a counter argument do you ?
If they sign then it’s obvious they trust Sol having worked with him before and if you were considering signing for a chairman that’s paid wages late several times and is in court on a regular basis for late payment of VAT you would have serious concerns would you not ?

On the face of it, from the outside like we are then yes we’d have concerns about the Chairman’s handling of staff pay. Cash in bags and so on, or indeed any ‘conclusions’ drawn from recent (repeated, over the long term too) events are still outside speculation and I must admit to being as tired of the black and white condemnation and cast iron conclusions many seem to eager to reach and associated aspersions cast by people in response as I am of Ron’s inability to honour his commitments to his employees or communicate properly with his customers.

Both the players have good ability. I am sure once Colbert has them for a while, they will perform. Not all players come from higher leagues, have good reps or cost fortunes.

On one hand fans are moaning about no signings, and on the other they are moaning about who 'Might' be coming in.

If they do get signed, give them a chance and stop shooting them before you can even see them in your crosshairs

:Cool:

Well this is new news- CP said merely that they had been at B&L- not that they had been training with us. Are you suggesting they are on trial in some way? Or are the deals done but can't be announced yet?

Use a bit of common sense...

I believe I read that there is a restriction on how soon they can sign following the termination of their contracts and it was never going to be the case that we could have registered them in time for the Blackpool match,

Vassell has slowly worked his way up from the conference following a drop down the divisions as a teen. This shows character. Osadebe has bags of desire and energy but needs to refine his play a bit. We need a bit of an engine in midfield. I think the players are very in line with what we need to have in the squad.

Well this is new news- CP said merely that they had been at B&L- not that they had been training with us. Are you suggesting they are on trial in some way? Or are the deals done but can't be announced yet?

They need to get fit and are not under contract so are free to train. Anyway you can only spend so much time in the canteen. Its a bit run down, lack of choice on the menu and they don't even have any sauces available....Its certainly no Annabel's

With injuries to vital areas they might feature somewhere on Saturday......If they can be signed in time.

I believe I read that there is a restriction on how soon they can sign following the termination of their contracts and it was never going to be the case that we could have registered them in time for the Blackpool match,

Here?

Link

It will be here but I haven’t got time to find the clause myself just at the moment. Will have a look later this afternoon if someone doesn’t beat me to it

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

Had a flick through and can't see it anywhere in here but the following bit may still be relevant. I know some people were adamant at the start of the window that we weren't under an embargo:Unsure:

53 Non‑payment to Players
53.1 If following written notification from the Professional Footballers’ Association, a Club is found to be in default of any payment due in accordance with a Player's contract or payment in consequence of termination of such contract, The League may place an embargo on any transfer of any registration by such Club until the payment is made.

Guidance

Clubs in default of payments to players will ordinarily be subject to an embargo. The EFL does recognise there are cases where payment may well be in dispute, but expects the matter to have been referred to a Player Related Dispute Commission in accordance with Regulation 73 for resolution to avoid the imposition of the embargo.

Do you have a link to the primary source?
I read it on another forum, but I think now

"Free agents can be signed by a club at any time during the season, if they had been released by their previous club before the end of the transfer window"

I think the 7 day wait after the transfer window closes may have referred to loans only.

I would not be surprised if both have been signed but the news is being kept under wraps to give a surprise or boost, psychologically in the close match build up. Small things can make small differences which can be positive.

It will be here but I haven’t got time to find the clause myself just at the moment. Will have a look later this afternoon if someone doesn’t beat me to it

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-6---players/

The EFL Board has previously confirmed (Season 2010/11) that irrespective of whether or not a Club is formally embargoed, the EFL reserves the right under this Regulation to decline the registration of a player in the event that the Club concerned has demonstrated that it is unable to meet its existing financial obligations.

Back