• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Emmanuel Osadebe and Theo Vassell unable to be registered due to EFL Embargo?

Somethings not right behind the scenes?. Why is RM keeping him in the dark about the situation, Sol's the Manager ( at the moment ), so dont fathom why hes not kept up to date re these players?.

"I don't know much
But I know I love you-ooh-ooooh-ooh-ooh
And that may be....
All I neeeeeeed to knoowwwwww!"

Sol Campbell 'Karaoke Classics 2020'

About time fans woke up to the real underlying problems at the club TBH.

20 years at the healm, you would like to think he would be good at running the club and have it in a good position morally and financially. We have no assett's or anything of worth do we ?

Somethings not right behind the scenes?. Why is RM keeping him in the dark about the situation, Sol's the Manager ( at the moment ), so dont fathom why hes not kept up to date re these players?.

I expect Sol signed up knowing he wouldn't be able to change much in the short term or have much of a budget but I doubt he thought he wouldn't be told what is going on with players.

I expect Sol signed up knowing he wouldn't be able to change much in the short term or have much of a budget but I doubt he thought he wouldn't be told what is going on with players.

If the Chairman does not allow SC any role in player negotiations, it is absolutely necessary to keep both the manager and the supporters in the loop concerning the state of the negotiations. The present situation makes the club a laughing stock. I cannot recall a previous situation where a manager cannot shed any light whatsoever on whether the club's top transfer targets were joining the club. The Chairman needs to back SC and demonstrate that now.

We are assuming Sol Campbell is telling the media the absolute truth. It may well be that he knows exactly what is going on, but it may be business sensitive and it may not benefit the club to be candid at this time.

I find it hard to believe that he can be in the dark about so many things. If the chairman wasn't telling me stuff like this himself, I'd sure as hell be asking.

I hope Sol is just playing along but I fear he isn't. I can't shake the feeling that Ron had mentally sold up to the Swedish House Mafia and this is the resultant fall out. At the moment I do back this team with a summer break and, in theory, inferior opposition next year, and am quietly confident next year things will fall into place more. It's hard to argue that he is not starting to get the team to play to their maximum potential.

As Spaceman Spiff, Yorkshire Blue, and Napster have already pointed out.

From The EFL rules and regulations

Link

46 Registration Forms

46.1 In order to register a Player the prescribed contract, registration form and/or transfer form signed on behalf of the Club by either the Chairman, club secretary or any duly appointed signatory must be sent to The League within five days of the Player's signature and are subject to the approval of The League. The receipt by the registering Club of confirmation of registration shall determine the eligibility (and the effective date of eligibility) of the Player to play in League Matches.

Guidance

For the purposes of this Regulation, any other ‘duly appointed signatory’ (otherwise known as ‘Authorised Signatories’) must submit to the Owners’ and Directors’ Test.

Note, Regulation 63.3 provides that contracts can be signed by (a) the Chairman alone or (b) any other director and one other authorised signatory.

The EFL Board has previously confirmed (Season 2010/11) that irrespective of whether or not a Club is formally embargoed, the EFL reserves the right under this Regulation to decline the registration of a player in the event that the Club concerned has demonstrated that it is unable to meet its existing financial obligations. Whilst most liabilities are already specifically covered under the Regulations, there can be cases where Clubs have demonstrate an inability to meet their other debts as and when they fall due which are not directly covered by the Regulations, and if those Clubs were permitted to continue unfettered in the transfer market this could undermine the integrity of our competitions and the public reputation of the EFL as a whole. The prospect of declining registrations outside of an embargo is only seen as an exceptional event and will only be deployed when the EFL deems that the circumstances are unusual enough to require this course of action.

53 Non-Payment to Players

53.1 If following written notification from the Professional Footballers’ Association, a Club is found to be in default of any payment due in accordance with a Player's contract or payment in consequence of termination of such contract, The League may place an embargo on any transfer of any registration by such Club until the payment is made.

Guidance

Clubs in default of payments to players will ordinarily be subject to an embargo. The EFL does recognise there are cases where payment may well be in dispute, but expects the matter to have been referred to a Player Related Dispute Commission in accordance with Regulation 73 for resolution to avoid the imposition of the embargo.

The EFL Board has previously confirmed (Season 2010/11) that irrespective of whether or not a Club is formally embargoed, the EFL reserves the right under this Regulation to decline the registration of a player in the event that the Club concerned has demonstrated that it is unable to meet its existing financial obligations.

EFL Statement 20th Jan 2020

Link

Southend United Charged with Misconduct

Southend United has been charged with misconduct for non-payment of wages for failing to pay a number of players on the applicable payment due dates in December 2019.

Whilst outstanding payments were made in the New Year, the Club has now been referred to a Disciplinary Commission for failing to adhere to the terms of the players’ contracts.

As this matter is now subject to proceedings, the EFL will be making no further comment at this time.

Now I wonder why Southend United have still not signed any players?

There's two little Fleetwood Mac's going around. Not my usual spot on source, so don't shoot the messenger on these. One is transfer embargo, which many have guessed and looks likely, the other is a possible ten point deduction for next season. Hopefully magic Ron will fight and win his corner to drop both, if true.

There's two little Fleetwood Mac's going around. Not my usual spot on source, so don't shoot the messenger on these. One is transfer embargo, which many have guessed and looks likely, the other is a possible ten point deduction for next season. Hopefully magic Ron will fight and win his corner to drop both, if true.

Little lies, sweet little lies hopefully then!

A ten point deduction literally would be the nail in the coffin, and we probably haven't even paid for the coffin yet either....

But Ron said after the transfer window shuts another door opens.... or was he chatting **** as usual. If these two end up signing elsewhere I'll be fuming, and presumably Sol will too. Perhaps the last straw?

As Spaceman Spiff, Yorkshire Blue, and Napster have already pointed out.

From The EFL rules and regulations

Link

46 Registration Forms

46.1 In order to register a Player the prescribed contract, registration form and/or transfer form signed on behalf of the Club by either the Chairman, club secretary or any duly appointed signatory must be sent to The League within five days of the Player's signature and are subject to the approval of The League. The receipt by the registering Club of confirmation of registration shall determine the eligibility (and the effective date of eligibility) of the Player to play in League Matches.

Guidance

For the purposes of this Regulation, any other ‘duly appointed signatory’ (otherwise known as ‘Authorised Signatories’) must submit to the Owners’ and Directors’ Test.

Note, Regulation 63.3 provides that contracts can be signed by (a) the Chairman alone or (b) any other director and one other authorised signatory.

The EFL Board has previously confirmed (Season 2010/11) that irrespective of whether or not a Club is formally embargoed, the EFL reserves the right under this Regulation to decline the registration of a player in the event that the Club concerned has demonstrated that it is unable to meet its existing financial obligations. Whilst most liabilities are already specifically covered under the Regulations, there can be cases where Clubs have demonstrate an inability to meet their other debts as and when they fall due which are not directly covered by the Regulations, and if those Clubs were permitted to continue unfettered in the transfer market this could undermine the integrity of our competitions and the public reputation of the EFL as a whole. The prospect of declining registrations outside of an embargo is only seen as an exceptional event and will only be deployed when the EFL deems that the circumstances are unusual enough to require this course of action.

53 Non-Payment to Players

53.1 If following written notification from the Professional Footballers’ Association, a Club is found to be in default of any payment due in accordance with a Player's contract or payment in consequence of termination of such contract, The League may place an embargo on any transfer of any registration by such Club until the payment is made.

Guidance

Clubs in default of payments to players will ordinarily be subject to an embargo. The EFL does recognise there are cases where payment may well be in dispute, but expects the matter to have been referred to a Player Related Dispute Commission in accordance with Regulation 73 for resolution to avoid the imposition of the embargo.

The EFL Board has previously confirmed (Season 2010/11) that irrespective of whether or not a Club is formally embargoed, the EFL reserves the right under this Regulation to decline the registration of a player in the event that the Club concerned has demonstrated that it is unable to meet its existing financial obligations.

EFL Statement 20th Jan 2020

Link

Southend United Charged with Misconduct

Southend United has been charged with misconduct for non-payment of wages for failing to pay a number of players on the applicable payment due dates in December 2019.

Whilst outstanding payments were made in the New Year, the Club has now been referred to a Disciplinary Commission for failing to adhere to the terms of the players’ contracts.

As this matter is now subject to proceedings, the EFL will be making no further comment at this time.

Now I wonder why Southend United have still not signed any players?

If you had to have a bet the reason they have not signed is because of the above. What i can tell you which is fact and not rumour is that certain important people from the accounts department had a meeting with the EFL a couple of days ago.

So you can take the tried and tested route of its all Rons fault. Or you could realise that without the Gillingham and Bury games being cancelled we would probably be OK. Which means if you really want to see a couple of signings then buy your Coventry tickets online today......Especially those that said they would rather see the youths play for the rest of the season even if they lost.

Again yesterday they battled to the end and rather than collapse at 0-2 they did us all proud right to the final whistle. Even Matt Rush in his short time on the pitch chased difficult balls and won us a couple of corners, that certain senior pros gave up on in the last 12 months.

A ten point deduction literally would be the nail in the coffin, and we probably haven't even paid for the coffin yet either....

a ten point deduction for late payment of wages would be extremely harsh, especially given the lack of penalty handed out to Bolton for not fulfilling fixtures.

Hopefully a point deduction is just rumours, given that Macc were only deducted 6 points for repeated non-payment and not fulfilling a fixture I'd have thought we'd get a points deduction that was suspended for a year to act as a reminder for Karen in accounts to pull her finger out

Last edited:
Both players were on the pitch at the end doing a warm down with the subs yesterday

I imagine Rons got a (very low) price in mind and low wages for L2. And the players or there agents want more. Probably promised more but rons changed his mind. Now they are with us and singing songs but havent signed a contract.

Harsly good for morale

If the EFL are making an assessment of our underlying problem before making decisions with Ron saying it was a one off due to bad luck on fixtures and technical delays in transferring the money, I am sure they will also not be impressed by the regular winding up order issued by the HMRC.

I still don’t buy into this common response from Sol of “I don’t know”. Also, do we really think that both players would’ve travelled to Blackpool and then been on the pitch training after the game if they weren’t about to sign?

Back