• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Memory Lane Emmanuel Osadebe signs

I think you need to consider these signings in a wider context than just this season. They will be signing on as much for next season as this season. They knew the situation at Southend when they handed in their notices at Macclesfield and still wanted to come. They've had opportunities to walk away since then right up to when Vassell signed yesterday and whenever Osadebe signed (today?). If there were more appealing opportunities to them then they would have already signed elsewhere.

The embargo will get lifted, it's just a matter of when. In the mean time they will be getting a payrise and working with a manager they clearly rate and who has them in his long term plans. Why jeopardise that for what might be a matter of a week or two? Money is tight in L1 and L2. Budgets have been set for the rest of the year. Worst comes to the worst then they just get a really long pre-season here. Far more likely the embargo gets lifted in a week or two. I'm as confident that this will resolve itself as I was that we were under an embargo in the first place.

I had taken that into account, i was just wondering mainly mainly if he would be willing to hang around, without playing, if we couldn’t get him registered in time to play this season, but Ron seems too have that in hand

Fully aware of how budgets and finances work in football, having worked in the industry over a number of years

Hello from a lurking Gills fan.

Paddy could be an interesting signing for you. We signed him from a Spurs college course with 0 expectations when Justin Edinburgh was in charge. He impressed in preseason, but it was still a shock when he started the first game in central midfield.

He played superbly on the day and played a big part in a 4-0 win over Sheffield United. He celebrated the first so wildly that he got credited with a goal by some of the press, despite not being within 10ft of the ball when it went in.

He continued to play a big part in our excellent start to the season and was quickly a fan favourite. He appeared to love his big chance, playing with a big smile on his face. His skill level, pace and work rate were superb, and he was very physical despite his thin build.

He was still very raw at 18 and struggled maintaining his place in team shape\formation, but his energy levels made up for that.

Then something changed. His form and the teams nosedived. We went from top to missing out on the playoffs. The smile was gone and he upset a lot of our fans biting back (and seeking out) arguments on twitter etc.

His 2nd season was a bit of a non event, apart from getting into a scuffle with one of our youth team in a u21 match for not passing him the ball. JED was sacked and he left on a free. It was all very disappointing. He got another chance at Cambridge, but failed to make any impact in 2 seasons.

From highlights it looks like he has had a bit of a renaissance at Macclesfield this season. His smile is certainly back. Maybe he has grown up since he has left us. If he has he could be a good player for you.

What a brilliant assessment mate.

So Ive gathered from your summary Osadebe is quite the unpredictable character, which funnily enough might well suit us as we seem to enjoy housing these colourful characters...(Ryan hall, Bilel Mohsni, Nile Ranger) just to name a few.

Last edited:
Thanks for that insight @Andrewboom. Let's hope he does deliver for us when he finally gets registered. By the way, isn't 'lurking' a fabulous word?

What a brilliant assessment mate.

So Ive gathered from your summary Osadebe is quite the unpredictable character, which funnily enough might well suit us as we seem to enjoy housing these colourful characters...(Ryan hall, Bilel Mohsni, Nile Ranger) just to name a few.

I'm not sure Manny is a colourful character as suggested. Think the arguing with fans on social media was just youth and naivety showing through from a guy who was a teenager at the time. What we will see is a guy who gives 100%, someone who trains hard, eats well and is dedicated to being professional. Really the polar opposite of Hall, Ranger, Bilel.

The third guy (Miles Welch-Hayes) who left Macclesfield in January with the two lads who have just signed for you folks, has just joined us until the end of the season.

Hello from a lurking Gills fan.

Paddy could be an interesting signing for you. We signed him from a Spurs college course with 0 expectations when Justin Edinburgh was in charge. He impressed in preseason, but it was still a shock when he started the first game in central midfield.

He played superbly on the day and played a big part in a 4-0 win over Sheffield United. He celebrated the first so wildly that he got credited with a goal by some of the press, despite not being within 10ft of the ball when it went in.

He continued to play a big part in our excellent start to the season and was quickly a fan favourite. He appeared to love his big chance, playing with a big smile on his face. His skill level, pace and work rate were superb, and he was very physical despite his thin build.

He was still very raw at 18 and struggled maintaining his place in team shape\formation, but his energy levels made up for that.

Then something changed. His form and the teams nosedived. We went from top to missing out on the playoffs. The smile was gone and he upset a lot of our fans biting back (and seeking out) arguments on twitter etc.

His 2nd season was a bit of a non event, apart from getting into a scuffle with one of our youth team in a u21 match for not passing him the ball. JED was sacked and he left on a free. It was all very disappointing. He got another chance at Cambridge, but failed to make any impact in 2 seasons.

From highlights it looks like he has had a bit of a renaissance at Macclesfield this season. His smile is certainly back. Maybe he has grown up since he has left us. If he has he could be a good player for you.
Hopefully playing with players the same age as him who are all putting a shift in and playing for each other will bring out the best in him.

In fairness your academy is better in terms of Catagory your 2 and we are 3, again the funding is more

Yes our academy gets decent reviews within the game, with a big new training ground and a seperate indoor training dome close by, it impresses players and agents alike. Miles is 23 so a little too old for the academy, he has been brought in as cover because players like Ryan Jackson have played nearly 100 games in the last two seasons already so fatigue and minor injuries are taking their toll. This lad can cover left and right back positions, so will help in the last dozen games of this season. I am sure if he does well he will be considered for another contract next season.

Yes our academy gets decent reviews within the game, with a big new training ground and a seperate indoor training dome close by, it impresses players and agents alike. Miles is 23 so a little too old for the academy, he has been brought in as cover because players like Ryan Jackson have played nearly 100 games in the last two seasons already so fatigue and minor injuries are taking their toll. This lad can cover left and right back positions, so will help in the last dozen games of this season. I am sure if he does well he will be considered for another contract next season.
Do you know if you kept the instructions for your training dome?

We have one of those. The fact it's sat there rusting to f**k is irrelevant, we thought of it first ;)

I'm not sure Manny is a colourful character as suggested. Think the arguing with fans on social media was just youth and naivety showing through from a guy who was a teenager at the time. What we will see is a guy who gives 100%, someone who trains hard, eats well and is dedicated to being professional. Really the polar opposite of Hall, Ranger, Bilel.

Im sure your correct. I should have worded it better, when I said the word 'unpredictable' I went off on a tangent a bit.

Maybe deep down I just want another mad man, someone to add to the current mad house which is Roots Hall :Madhouse:

Back