• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Emmanuel Osadebe unsure if he will be with Southend United next season

“I signed for Southend in February but then we found out it wasn’t registered because there was an embargo,” said Osadebe.

“I didn’t know anything about an embargo and nor did other people at the club.

“It couldn’t be registered but I kept on training but since the season stopped I’ve not really spoken to anyone at the club.

“I don’t know if I’ll be going back or not to be honest and the chairman hasn’t paid me.”

Even if he's not registered surely if he's signed a contract we have to pay him? What's the EFL's view on not paying players that aren't registered?

Even if he's not registered surely if he's signed a contract we have to pay him? What's the EFL's view on not paying players that aren't registered?
Do t think you can be in trouble for not paying a player who isn’t registered to your club, he was paid while he was with us.

Got to feel for the lad he chose to sign for us because of Campbell and now seems it wasn’t really worth it. Wonder what the score is with Vassell too?

Do t think you can be in trouble for not paying a player who isn’t registered to your club, he was paid while he was with us.
Isn't a contract a separate thing to being registered to play? I know Chelsea had a player (Bertrand Traore) who had to keep going on loan for ages because he couldn't get a work permit, but since Chelsea had given him a contract they still had to pay him.

I did miss the line about him being a free agent now, was the contract cancelled by mutual consent?

Isn't a contract a separate thing to being registered to play? I know Chelsea had a player (Bertrand Traore) who had to keep going on loan for ages because he couldn't get a work permit, but since Chelsea had given him a contract they still had to pay him.

I did miss the line about him being a free agent now, was the contract cancelled by mutual consent?
It is yes but maybe there was a clause that if it wasnt registered by a certain point it became invalid. Would have been fool hardy by the club not to cover itself

Got to feel for the lad he chose to sign for us because of Campbell and now seems it wasn’t really worth it. Wonder what the score is with Vassell too?
Agree, i do think if he can sign he will. Once the HMRC is cleared off we will be in a position to sign players and i think that Sol will want both of them

Agree, i do think if he can sign he will. Once the HMRC is cleared off we will be in a position to sign players and i think that Sol will want both of them

And the fine for late payment of players and possibly subsequent wages but where are we getting the money to do this?

We have no income at the moment but continued liabilities, even with furloughing.

And the fine for late payment of players and possibly subsequent wages but where are we getting the money to do this?

We have no income at the moment but continued liabilities, even with furloughing.
No idea where it will come from, maybe RM’s re financing.

All i was saying was once the HMRC is cleared then i guess the embargo will be lifted

No idea where it will come from, maybe RM’s re financing.

All i was saying was once the HMRC is cleared then i guess the embargo will be lifted

Sorry, that was a rhetorical question - I'm not sure Ron knows where the money is coming from, so it would be unfair to expect fans to, even if they are well connected!

If we couldn't afford to pay HMRC there will be other things we haven't paid since. That bill was back in January(?) so I'd expect other missed payments to have been added to the League's embargo justification. It'll need to be a fairly chunky cash injection and at the moment I don't see where that would be coming from. There are no season ticket sales, clubs higher up the chain are spooked and less likely to splash out on Kelman. It's a bit scary if all our eggs are in the basket of Ron's property financing with the economy in it's current state. Strong shadows of the end of the Tilly era when Ron's money ran out in a depression.

As has been pointed out now he is a free agent currently i.e not under contract to or registered with us. So no we are not paying him. We would like him not to be a free agent and have a contract/be registered with us. He would like that too.

I guess we are prevented by doing so by one or both of the following:

1. Embargo until HMRC formally dismissed next month??
2. We have deferred wages of players on furlough I think? (didn't I see somewhere you can't sign anyone until wage deferrals paid- or is that just the plan?)

If the EFL/PFA would make an exception in this case I am sure both he and us would proceed accordingly.

With 1400 EFL players about to be out of contract 2. above will create its own problems with many many clubs not able to sign these released players until they sort their wage deferments (I have little time for the PFA but in this case its a tough one- they want their members owed money paid before more players signed- on the other so many players desperate for a club in the current circumstances- helping the former may not help the latter in the short term at least).

What a disgrace and embarrassment,Dodgy Ron. I would bet that he must be one of the most disliked Chairman in the EFL.

Sorry, that was a rhetorical question - I'm not sure Ron knows where the money is coming from, so it would be unfair to expect fans to, even if they are well connected!

If we couldn't afford to pay HMRC there will be other things we haven't paid since. That bill was back in January(?) so I'd expect other missed payments to have been added to the League's embargo justification. It'll need to be a fairly chunky cash injection and at the moment I don't see where that would be coming from. There are no season ticket sales, clubs higher up the chain are spooked and less likely to splash out on Kelman. It's a bit scary if all our eggs are in the basket of Ron's property financing with the economy in it's current state. Strong shadows of the end of the Tilly era when Ron's money ran out in a depression.
The recapitalisation is not unrelated to the RH/FF projects, hence the significant pressure to get SBC/Homes England onboard in short order. I don't know what the sum is but it is not going to insubstantial for the reasons you pointed out. Order of magnitude? it's going to need to be in the £4-5 million range of assessable funding as an absolute minimum? Whether it's collateral based or more likely an advance secured via Citizen Housing will all come out in the wash. Having a couple of billionaire joint backers through Citizen Housing for a £300 million project (or whatever it comes out at) is quite handy, probably not least when the football club and new stadium is fundamental to the project..

Will Osadebe be training with the squad? I note we signed him (although not registered) so assume he is employed by the club and was therefore being furloughed?

Well he's still friends with the players and congratulating them on signing new deals, so assume he'll be training today.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but neither Osadebe or Vassell are on the training lists at the moment

Well he's still friends with the players and congratulating them on signing new deals, so assume he'll be training today.

He's congratulating team mates from former clubs as well so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Back