• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

USAShrimper

First XI
The Sky pundit said it best, "The emotion of football is either elation or utter disappointment, there's nothing in between"
The power of football emotion again strikes my house in sunny Erie, PA, very down right now. Club needs to set an agenda quickly for next year. Selling Bentley unfortunately, I feel is the key. Say for 3 million. Invest that money quickly in securing Sokolik & Egan. I'm sure both would want to stay, play often on good terms for at least another season. Then it's just about getting 2 more quick, agile forwards who can finish, Brown must have the contacts, just needs the resources to do it. I was back 3 times this season, I've experienced away at Morecambe, home to Bury and other dire fixtures and am desperate for us to get out of this division. It was just that bad run that killed us. A lot of pieces are in place and already signed up. Need to release some dead wood. With a good defence in place, including a much improved Prosser, Smith can do a good job back there if Bentley has to go. I still love the "Shrimpers" caught up in the emotion of this season, unlucky today, heads up and let's get on with it for next year.

Getting Bentley's situation sorted out is key, if he has to go, get the money re-invested in Egan & Sokolik, should be a sense of urgency about this. Give those 2 an offer they can't refuse. Smith is no Bentley, however, is a good goalkeeper at this level and can do a good job next season. The fact that we are offering him terms for next year, indicates to me that Bentley will be sold.

Getting Bentley's situation sorted out is key, if he has to go, get the money re-invested in Egan & Sokolik, should be a sense of urgency about this. Give those 2 an offer they can't refuse. Smith is no Bentley, however, is a good goalkeeper at this level and can do a good job next season. The fact that we are offering him terms for next year, indicates to me that Bentley will be sold.

You realise we're broke right?

The Sky pundit said it best, "The emotion of football is either elation or utter disappointment, there's nothing in between"
The power of football emotion again strikes my house in sunny Erie, PA, very down right now. Club needs to set an agenda quickly for next year. Selling Bentley unfortunately, I feel is the key. Say for 3 million. Invest that money quickly in securing Sokolik & Egan. I'm sure both would want to stay, play often on good terms for at least another season. Then it's just about getting 2 more quick, agile forwards who can finish, Brown must have the contacts, just needs the resources to do it. I was back 3 times this season, I've experienced away at Morecambe, home to Bury and other dire fixtures and am desperate for us to get out of this division. It was just that bad run that killed us. A lot of pieces are in place and already signed up. Need to release some dead wood. With a good defence in place, including a much improved Prosser, Smith can do a good job back there if Bentley has to go. I still love the "Shrimpers" caught up in the emotion of this season, unlucky today, heads up and let's get on with it for next year.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Sorry, just a bit of clarification please £3million?.....$3million?.........3million euros?..........or did you really mean 3million pence??? :winking:

I think We would be lucky to get 500 k for him. Defo best to hold on to him for another year
Don't agree with that evaluation, If Jack Butland can go for 3.5 million and then be farmed out to Leeds, then Bentley as a young "poor man's Butland is going for at least 1.5 million. My point was that the transfer fee would be a cash flow that could secure Egan & Sokolik, that should be the priority.

Alot of pundits have stated that Bentley is far superior to Butland at this stage of his career, so Butland going for 3.5 million ,says to me that 3million for Bentley is not absurb.Keep him for another season and im sure he will be worth that and more .I just hope RM dosent sell him to the first offer that comes along but plays hardball.

Alot of pundits have stated that Bentley is far superior to Butland at this stage of his career, so Butland going for 3.5 million ,says to me that 3million for Bentley is not absurb.Keep him for another season and im sure he will be worth that and more .I just hope RM dosent sell him to the first offer that comes along but plays hardball.
I agree, and I hope we can hang on to him. I doubt we'll be able to resist a big offer for him and in reality we might need the funds to pay some bills ,but also to strengthen the squad. If we've got a chance then keeping Egan & Sokolik must be the priority right now.

1 million plus clauses and a request to RM to use half of that for squad an the other for book balancing, keeping HMRC etc at bay. Don't want to bring that up but it's the time I year when in and outflows are an issue

It depends whos interested. If its a premier league club then 2 million is small change to invest in a player with that much potential.

If its a top championship side then your in dreamland. Maybe 750k with add ons.

This is southend united and Ron would probably take a tenner and a cheese sandwich and put some juice in his motor.

FWIW i think that dan will be with us next season. If he does go it would be great to get a loan back clause.

Remember he is a league 2 goalkeeper with only one season as first choice under his belt, think teams might wait another season to see if he is the real deal before coming in for him anyway.. At whatever price they value him

It depends whos interested. If its a premier league club then 2 million is small change to invest in a player with that much potential.

If its a top championship side then your in dreamland. Maybe 750k with add ons.

This is southend united and Ron would probably take a tenner and a cheese sandwich and put some juice in his motor.

FWIW i think that dan will be with us next season. If he does go it would be great to get a loan back clause.
Think he'll be gone, our only major asset at this time, PB seems to want to make all the key decisions early, New contracts for the key returners, making Egan & Sokolik priorities early after the season, making the tough decisions on Freddy, laird et all, as soon as possible, signing up Smith. A big club will take a gamble on Bentley's potential, see it happening sooner, rather than later. Hope I'm wrong, was at the away Scunthorpe game this season, behind the goal, the quick reaction save he made to collapse and turn the ball around the post from close range was brilliant.

1 million plus clauses and a request to RM to use half of that for squad an the other for book balancing, keeping HMRC etc at bay. Don't want to bring that up but it's the time I year when in and outflows are an issue
Dead right, no doubt we will spend a great deal of the summer under embargo.

Who are these pundits???

Back