• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Great post &n memories and all good wishes down under. I'm told by my relatives that they A League is ok, and gets good attendances and isn't a bad standard.

Yeah, Queensland Roar get around 20,000 a game (over 30,000 for the big ones) so it will be a culture shock to be part of a support that big to be honest.

What I may do is post a regular update of their season on here, a feel of what it's like following the game on the other side of the world - if people would be interested in reading it of course.

We already have link ups with Xabia and St Pauli....perhaps we can set up a friendly over in Brisbane. Lovely weather, plenty of bars and pubs, beaches just down the road - a bit like playing Canvey really....

Best of luck Lib.... hopefully this time next year I'll be following you across the seas somewhere to make my fortune and live in the sunshine :)

Good luck with that....where you thinking about going?

If you choose Oz and need any hints, tips or contacts then I'll be happy to help where I can.

Yeah, Queensland Roar get around 20,000 a game (over 30,000 for the big ones) so it will be a culture shock to be part of a support that big to be honest.

What I may do is post a regular update of their season on here, a feel of what it's like following the game on the other side of the world - if people would be interested in reading it of course.

We already have link ups with Xabia and St Pauli....perhaps we can set up a friendly over in Brisbane. Lovely weather, plenty of bars and pubs, beaches just down the road - a bit like playing Canvey really....

Not sure that surfers quite compares with the Ile du Canve.
Great idea about the A league, I get a far bit of info from my relatives down in Adelaide.

That update would certainly interest me.

And don't forget the girls - you can't beat those tanned Canvey birds!

Best of luck mate, good luck for the future!!!

Keep up to date with the blues as well!!!!!!!

Well mate we have shared a lot of highs & lows over the years following our beloved blues, you did a good job of trying to fill the big H,s shoes with the rant's and raves and ref's and lino's right down to the vein throbing in the middle of the forehead! will missing the cutting remarks to skodaman, Hooly will have to up the anti in your place, looking forward to your drink off, but I am to old for the Brush these days, good luck mate, I know it's going to work out just great.

That post was absolutely quality - it brought a tear to my eye too and it is so true. The history and tradition of football is something that makes the game what it is in my opinion. It was indeed a credit to be associated with Southend on Friday. Fantastic. Hope the move to Aus goes smoothly and that you don't have anywhere near as many ups and downs. Good luck!

Top top post. Best of luck with the move matey....hope you all make it safe and sound and enjoy the A League. I have heard the football is actually pretty competetive!

Andy. It's been a privilege over the years and along with everyone else I hope that you, Adele, Katherine & Leo have a great life out in Aus. It's quite apt for a club like Southend that after a season when we probably exceeded expectations your final game was nearly as abject a display as we've put on in the 27 years you've been going.

As you say we've had some great times over the seasons, even in the days when the football has been ****e (to say the least). Thanks for your company on the Hooly Tours away trips when the Beer Monster & I continually tried to find you some decent indie music to listen to on the way home, but always seem to fail & wind up with "Lurve FM" or a programme about the sexual problems of people in Luton.

Chris rightly says that you've carried the legacy of Big Paul with aplomb & I've no doubt that over the years you'd have fully developed the throbbing veins in the forehead whilst hurling abuse at some inept halfwit with a flag or whistle.

Watching teams like ours is always a labour of love & despite having many disagreements about the qualities of this player or that we've always managed to see each others point of view i.e. my view is always right & yours always wrong!

It's a shame that you'll probably not see us win again, unless you return to the UK, as our Sky TV performences are generally hopeless. I think it's mutually agreed that even Roman Abramovich couldn't afford the mobile bill to keep you informed of the stupid things Homer says, so I'll let you know if he says anything sensible. Guess we'll never speak again then!

Anyway, it's been fun. Sometimes!

Last edited:
I agree with what Sharon the Rottweiler said all those years ago ........................................I always knew you were gay! :clap: :D

Well Andy I have had to switch email accounts just to say goodbye.
As your mentor as ASDA all those years ago when I first got to know you, to a mad coach trip to Frankfurt for an American football game (what were we thinking), to the rival coach companies saga of the early 90's and being there at my dads cremation, I would just like to say thank you for the memories and my apologies for having to put up with my unsocialable know it all brother.

Back