• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

End of Britain

I lost interest when they showed a pretty poor grasp of statistics by using the life expectancy of everyone (skewed by high infant/child mortality), using it as the life expectancy of a working man, then saying that a working man who lived to 70 was like someone today living to 115. Really? Because I think that a lot more people lived to 70 at the turn of the century than live to 115 now.

I can't view videos at work. Can anyone summarise, or has MK done that already?

Whereas the magazine article is a poorly researched numerically illiterate advertising puff designed to initially sell magazines, and ultimately part you from your "wealth".

Agreed the original article is inaccurate and just plain scaremongery.....But the blogger loses credibility because he is just in an apopleptic rage at Money Weekly. I don't really agree with his opinons and his sources lack clarity (Index Mundi is a collation of charts and statistics from various sources across the net).

He's just a lefty looking to snipe at the Torys in any way possible, and I'd take no more notice of him than I would of what gets written in the Guardian. I took some time to read his other blogs and came to the conclusion he's just a northern whinger, whingeing about cuts and the current regime. He speaks rather confidently about the country back in the days of Harold Wilson etc considering at the age of 33 he'd have been little more than a glint in his fathers eye!

Anyhow, to say he "sums it up well" is not accurate at all. He offers an equally direct article strewn with rants.

Last edited:
Agreed the original article is inaccurate and just plain scaremongery.....But the blogger loses credibility because he is just in an apopleptic rage at Money Weekly. I don't really agree with his opinons, his sources lack clarity (Index Mundi is a collation of charts and statistics from various sources across the net), he just sounds like BarnaBlue but with a brain, a little more clarity and less self importance.

He's just a lefty looking to snipe at the Torys in any way possible, and I'd take no more notice of him than I would of what gets written in the Guardian. I took some time to read his other blogs and came to the conclusion he's just a northern whinger, whingeing about cuts and the current regime. He speaks rather confidently about the country back in the days of Harold Wilson etc considering at the age of 33 he'd have been little more than a glint in his fathers eye!

Anyhow, to say he "sums it up well" is not accurate at all. He offers an equally direct article strewn with rants.

Poor Barna!

Fair point though, I was a touch hyperbolic...

Back