• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

DoDTS

The PL League Boss⭐⭐
As we approach the end of season 2016-17 and the fourth session of the Prediction League, the question on everybody's mind is how have done this season???? :dizzy:

So for the first time, after the final match we will have the Prediction League Awards. Nominations will be posted and there will be different categories and four nominations for each, the winner to be announced later will receive the Shrimperzone equivalent of an "Oscar" which will of course be a "Stanley" (sorry it is an imaginary award there are no trophies).

The Catagories are:

• First Division - Predictor of the year
  • Second Division - Predictor of the year
  • Third Division - Predictor of the year
  • Fourth Division -Predictor of the year
  • Overall - Best Predictor of the year
  • Prediction Cup - Predictor of the year
  • Southend Prediction League - Predictor of the year
  • Roots Hall Home Competition - East Stand Predictor of the year
  • Roots Hall Home Competition - North Bank Predictor of the year
  • Roots Hall Home Competition - South Stands Predictor of the year
  • Roots Hall Home Competition - West Stand Predictor of the year
  • any other categories I can think of in the meantime any suggestions?

The nominations will be the four who have gained most points in the four sessions in their categories ( so if you have spent four sessions in one Division you have more chance than someone who has been promoted to another Division). I will print full tables so that even if you aren't nominated you can see how you have done.

I hope this is taken in the spirit of fun and if you think you may be nominated you had better start preparing your speech now. :happy:

Thanks to all that have taken part this year and making the Shrimperzone Prediction League a very special feature of the Zone and the envy of most clubs.

It is all in fun and if you have not been successful this session then next season may well be the opposite for you.

I have a wonderful speech ready praising the Prediction League and its superb management by Pete and how it has kept me sane in this roller coaster of a season.

Thanks for all your hard work doing it, i've enjoyed this and look forward to next season, perhaps i may even get a promotion!!

Could we have an award for the most relegations within a single season? I would be in with a shout of winning that, if things continue to go pear-shaped this Sunday.

** SEEKING GUIDANCE FROM FELLOW PREDICTORS AS I BELIEVE I MAY HOLD THE KEY TO VICTORY THIS SUNDAY **

I believe that I have predicted victory for Blues every single week of the season so far. This is a tactic that has seen me drop down through the Prediction League Pyramid faster than the appearance of a MrsBlue post after a defeat.

So the obvious question ...do I change my Blues-backing habit and predict a home defeat, thereby sacrificing my Prediction career for the sake of reaching the play-offs? Or do I place all my faith in the hope that my strategy will come good in the end. I feel the weight of the SUFC world on my shoulders.

I vote for DoDTS to win every award possible.

Quite simply the greatest prediction league I have ever taken part in.

It blows the Sun and the Telegraph out of the water !

:high five:

Thanks for all your kind comments, but if I didn't love doing it I would do it.

Here's to Southend United's Shrimperzone and the best Prediction League in the land (hopefully).

Back