• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Energy company salesmen.

Mad Cyril

The Fresh Prince of Belfairs⭐⭐
Is anyone else being plagued by representitives from energy companies knocking on their door claiming to be able to save you money?

I just tell them that I'm not interested in saving money thanks. They look confused but eventually f*** off.

Yes, I always say that's who we currently have our gas/electric with. Again, you get a confused response & by the time they've worked out what to say next I've shut the door on them!

back in the day when the gas / elecy was opened uo it was a very good earner, now a days there are so many poor sales people doing it and the whole industry has a bad name im not sure why you would bother doing the job

Is anyone else being plagued by representitives from energy companies knocking on their door claiming to be able to save you money?

Yes and I think we live reasonably close to one another. I had a nice visit from a Sikh gentleman on Monday evening. He didn't stop for long.

We had the pleasure of a foreign gentlemen from Npower at 7.45pm on Friday night.

He ran the bell and I had locked up for the night. So I had to unlock everything whilst holding my daughter who was screaming as the doorbell scared her. When I finally opened the door he said "Hello Mr Bac-Ker" - I mean for **** sake Baker is not tough is it. He then started his pitch.

I told him not interested and he said "are you stupid"? A lovely sales pitch which I must learn to use more with my customers. I replied words to the effect that im not the one who is working at 8pm on a Friday night (In fairness I was but he didnt know that) before he muttered something in a foreign tongue and wandered off.

I was pretty ****ed off as its a bit late at night (my daughter is usually in bed by that time) and we also live in a gated development and most of our neighbours are elderly so its unfair on them at that time of night. I would call Npower to moan but Im sure it will make no difference.

Yeah i currently work for british gas as a door to door and its a very hard game and like someone said it previously was a very good job , well certainly back in the day.

I have only been doing the job for a couple of months and it really is hard work, but the money can be great. Some of the people on our team earn like 80k a year.

As for the guy that said he locks up at 7.45pm well you are certainly in the minority .

Unfortunately the core hours of the job are 12pm to 8pm although i would never knock after 7.30pm .

The problem is that most people think the best deals are via price comparison sites , but they have been found to be quite corrupt and if you actually listened to what people say on the door then you could indeed save money.

The problem is there are some people on the doors who are poorly trained or dont care about whats best for the customer and are genuinely very pushy which puts people off ever dealing with people out the door.

not involved in writing them thank god. just a personal advisor dealing home contents and jewellery for high networth clients.

Having been burgled twice in the last 9 months (Got done the second time 3 weeks ago) I would imagine i am becoming uninsurable........

Personal Advisor ? is that basically Broking or are you just client facing and choose the binder/lineslip which suits ?

Best thing to do, is to manage your gas/elec online with an online based tariff and pay by monthly direct debit.

The company I worked for was offering over 20% discount for doing this and you will find this is still the case with the big 5 suppliers. All you have to do is log-in every three months and give a meter reading.

Back