• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Did i mention i'm off to Lords tomorrow? :angel:

Me too leaving now hopefully in Lords when gates open, watch the teams warm up and have a bit of breakfast at the nursery end and then to the pavilion end and listen to some early morning jazz, then watch some cricket that hopefully hasn't been tainted by dodgy asian bookies.

Sri Lanka won the toss and bowl. Very rare for a team to bowl first, especially in nice weather. What are the commentators saying about that decision? Would we have bowled or was their decision entirely based on not wanting to face our bowlers so soon after being routed?

Sri Lanka won the toss and bowl. Very rare for a team to bowl first, especially in nice weather. What are the commentators saying about that decision? Would we have bowled or was their decision entirely based on not wanting to face our bowlers so soon after being routed?

They're running scared. Blue skies in London and Lords is usually a belter.

Dilshan's inexperienced but WTF was Stuart Law thinking?

And Strauss goes early to Welegedra....bringing the bowlers test bowling average down from 58 to 54...... Their other opening bowler averages 50 per wicket

Trott & Pietersen both out for 2, latest 49/3 after 14 overs. On the face of that it doesn't seem a bad decision to bowl first, but.....

Trott & Pietersen both out for 2, latest 49/3 after 14 overs. On the face of that it doesn't seem a bad decision to bowl first, but.....

It will give their confidence a boost but if the pitch gets quicker on day 2 and 3 then that will play into our hands if we can recover from this **** poor start.

Alastair Cook's test batting average for 2011 is currently over 200.

His test career average is currently 49.12. Amongst English players who have scored 5,000 test runs only Barrington, Hammond, Hobbs, Hutton and Compton have averaged more. Statistically, he makes the all-time England XI.

Apologies for putting the kiss of death on you Cookie.

Alastair Cook's test batting average for 2011 is currently over 200.

His test career average is currently 49.12. Amongst English players who have scored 5,000 test runs only Barrington, Hammond, Hobbs, Hutton and Compton have averaged more. Statistically, he makes the all-time England XI.

Apologies for putting the kiss of death on you Cookie.

:witch Hunt:

Not my fault that one, it was several overs (even at Sri Lanka's slow overrate) and runs after I posted that that he got out.

He's still 6th in the all-time England averages, but his average for the year has gone down to 139.33.

Not my fault that one, it was several overs (even at Sri Lanka's slow overrate) and runs after I posted that that he got out.

He's still 6th in the all-time England averages, but his average for the year has gone down to 139.33.

In 7 Test Matches from Brisbane to Lord's he's scored an incredible 995 runs.

apologies, i think the BBC website updates were quite slow.

Back