• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Some good lower order biffing from our tail takes us to a decent score......shows some great strength in depth (and the mediocrity of bowling). Hopefully we can get a 100 or so lead

Some good lower order biffing from our tail takes us to a decent score......shows some great strength in depth (and the mediocrity of bowling). Hopefully we can get a 100 or so lead

Prior's 126 was almost 1 a ball, good stuff at this level, but as you say the SL bowling is mediocre, and their over rate for a bunch of dobbers is disgraceful.

I know this is a pretty batsman friendly pitch but I think England have missed a trick here by not playing a skiddy type swing bowler.

Tremlett, Broad & Finn are all a bit samey for me.

Dernbach or Shazad should of been playing in this one.

I had a fantastic day on Friday, met the lads for breakfast at 8 and caught the 9:12 train from Southend Vic. I did hope to get there really early but the choice of £96 before 9 or £40 after for the 3 of us decided, we managed to avoid the queues as they opened another turnstile just as we were passing and so were sat just as the players came out, an hour later i was in a state of near shock as Strauss Trott and KP made their excuses and left, on the train up we'd talked about the prospects and it was agreed all round that if we batted Cook would get a hundred and it was awful to see him get so close but perish and was one of only 3 disappointments, the other being Sri Lankas ridiculously slow over rate meaning we only saw 66 overs as had to get across to Chelmsford for the T20 match v Gloucs thus we missed 22 overs during which we piled up 110 runs mainly thanks to Matt Prior

Back