• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

England 2 France 0

RHB

I'm a Gnu, how do you do!⭐⭐
Staff member
Well that's that done and dusted. Impeccable behaviour from the crowd at the start and a match, which although only a friendly, took on more of a serious statement after the events in Paris.

2 very good goals from England and a defence that started to look a lot better than of late. I still think that there is the makings of a good team in there even though we give the ball away too cheaply at times. Maybe France next year will bring it out.

The average age of the starting line up was 24, even if we don't do much at the Euros it's a good sign for the future.

France were very disappointing (probably understandable). They didn't pose a threat and looked to be going through the motions (also understandable).

Sorry but we won't be doing anything special in France despite a couple of good goals tonight against what looked like a rather understandbly dispirited French team.I would certainly have liked to have seen Pogba on from the start for them.

What was more important than the result or the performance, was that the game took place at all -especially when Spain's in Belgium and Germany's in Hanover didn't.

good to see Butland get on for the 2nd half, be interesting to see if Woy is bwave enough to give him 90 mins next time

better that Hart IMHO...

Sorry but we won't be doing anything special in France despite a couple of good goals tonight against what looked like a rather understandbly dispirited French team.I would certainly have liked to have seen Pogba on from the start for them.

What was more important than the result or the performance, was that the game took place at all -especially when Spain's in Belgium and Germany's in Hanover didn't.

2-0 win for England. You must be devastated. My deepest condolences.

Looked a good team but my instinct says that Roy will go for the likes of milner henderson Delph and Jones come next summer.

I'll have the last laugh in the Euros this summer.:winking:

Bit sad that you get so much joy from seeing England fail.

Anyhow, couple of thoughts on the broader occasion, having gone to the game last night...

The security was nowhere near as intense as I was expecting it to be. Yes, there were police with machine guns which you don't normally see, but there wasn't as much searching and stopping as I might have expected.

Really positive atmosphere on the tube journey up from London.

The silence was almost immaculate. Pretty sure I heard a 'whoop' at one point

England fans were happy though as bars in Wembley were serving booze (which they don't for UEFA qualifiers)

Singing La Marseillaise, the players standing shoulder to shoulder not as teams but as individuals, the lighting up of the arch, the 'Liberté, Egalité Fraternité message...all magnifique. The entire occasion was very well managed.

IMG_0679.jpg

Anyhow, couple of thoughts on the broader occasion, having gone to the game last night...

The security was nowhere near as intense as I was expecting it to be. Yes, there were police with machine guns which you don't normally see, but there wasn't as much searching and stopping as I might have expected.

England fans were happy though as bars in Wembley were serving booze (which they don't for UEFA qualifiers)

Singing La Marseillaise, the players standing shoulder to shoulder not as teams but as individuals, the lighting up of the arch, the 'Liberté, Egalité Fraternité message...all magnifique. The entire occasion was very well managed.

Very impressive, how did feel, singing the French anthem

Stirring. It's a great anthem.

Not sure I'll make a habit of it though :smile:

The French have always claimed it to be the best in the world and yes I agree.

Did you know its about killing Germans who have invaded your country.

View attachment 3806

Wouldn't call it joy exactly.More like schadenfreud based on a realistic assessment of their chances.

Wouldn't call it joy exactly.More like schadenfreud based on a realistic assessment of their chances.

Opinions eh, don't you love 'em. Keep your powder dry until next year and we will see what happens at the end of the tournament. You never know, England may do much better than you expect, and if they do I will probably need to point it out to you. It won't give me any pleasure to do so however:liar:.

Last edited:
Back